• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show me how defenseless you really are; Harmonia

It doesn't take long for the boils to open and fester and for Harmonia to look down, half curious and half in pain, to see what was eating up her leg. She frowned then, unsure what to make of the sudden pox on her legs. It doesn't last very long, nor does it accompany much of her leg, and it's over almost as soon as it's begun. Still, the realization of what happened hovers in the air with a sense of dread and certainty.

Deimos is speaking, but Harmonia isn't quite listening. She's looking at the scaled girl next to her and the way she's standing. Shoulders back, ears pinned, head extended...well. Well! She forgets the oozing, bleeding wounds on her legs for a moment to revel in what she created.

Whos' the bottom feeder now, dad?

She snaps back to attention when he points out the sheer weaponized power of the little thing and her smile slides across her face, slow and steady. She sees opportunity suddenly - Harmonia does not know love of her offspring but for a moment...oh a long moment she feels something near affection in her heart. She turns to her father then and shrugs, speaking in her nonchalant way - "It seems that she stole it from me when the fairies gifted my magic back - troublesome thing. I suppose I must earn it back with hard work" - she laughs at this sentiment, content to be magicless if it meant this child was at her side. She possibilities open up in front of her and she sees them all with a sense of childlike wonder.

Destroy them all.

The child doesn't quite understand, it's not as though she's born with the sight to see her power and its limitations or extent. She knows only that she was angry, and something brewed under her skin and she unleashed it. She sees the pox but doesn't quite understand. It's enough to break her concentration to bring it back, and in doing so a few of her scales molt off and reveal blisters underneath. It's not the sickening pox on her mother and grandfather but it's a boil none the less. She is suddenly tired, too, and wishes to leave this place.

HARMONIA
    the pied piper

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show me how defenseless you really are; Harmonia - by Harmonia - 12-05-2016, 10:55 PM