• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and this time I'm not leaving without you; Ashley

He stood then, and, tossing his head, looked at Marlyn with deep amber eyes. They almost resembled warm honey, and his voice was such when he spoke to her. “I’m Ashley,” he says, falling silent. Unsure of what to say, or why he feels this way about someone he barely knows—it’s uncanny.

He has loved before. He has had moments of heart-fluttering, mind stopping, brain freezing, blood pumping love. He has had children before, and known partners for a time, never to see them again after his children were born. But never before has Ashley experienced the kind of relationship that could potentially last forever. Because, to make a case in his defense; he would outlive them all. He could not die, and thus, every love he has ever known has tasted the earth until the ash fell from their mouths; death claims them all.

Muscles ripple as he takes a step back—breath caught in his throat, hesitant to say anything. This was not the way this was supposed to go. He had only gone for a swim. He had never meant to fall for her. Or anyone. “This is not the way this was supposed to go. I’m sorry, I…” He falters.. voice choking, unsure of what to say…

Unsure of where to go next.

ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    and this time I'm not leaving without you; Ashley - by Marlyn - 11-16-2016, 01:08 PM
    RE: and this time I'm not leaving without you; Ashley - by Ashley - 12-15-2016, 05:56 AM