• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and this time I'm not leaving without you; Ashley
    i suddenly feel like a different person
    from the roots of my soul comes a gentle coercion

Her own thoughts had been drifting. Marlyn loved the way the water pulled and tugged on her weightless form despite being anchored to the ground. Her eyes are closed, meditating quietly while the sounds of the water and her own heart beat seemed to mirror each other. Mar felt herself nodding off while she lay beneath the water's surface in a spotlight of sun when something large and firm bumped against her.

A flurry of bubbles and a rather surprised 'oh!' later and she is moving to gain whatever traction can be held. Amber eyes are wide with surprise as she is quickly looking this other creature over rapidly for anything that could be threatening but her conclusion is drawn from the equally surprised features. It seems like only a moment later when she feels a voice filling her head. It odd and uncomfortable at first but the woman accepts it as she watches how his eyes are meeting hers as though emphasizing the fluid of speech that echoes in her skull. "I am." The words are made verbally as she does not have the ability to speak telepathically but Marlyn attempts to hinder the smile that threatens to spill over her lips. "But you have fins..." Curiosity takes hold more than caution as she looks at the strangeness of his form as she has never witnessed a creature such as he. "I'm Marlyn." She says in a matter of fact way as she leans a little closer to watch the way his fins move.

When she is satisfied inspecting the unusual intricacies of his half fish/half equine form, Marlyn gives a little shimmy shake of her own and changes herself to a tiny seadragon, blue and green and much like how she sees the other. Unfortunately, a shift in the current sends her tiny form flicking up and away, upside and out before she manages to snag a tuft of his forelock in her tiny tail and floating out in front of him. The round eyes rotate and watch as she drifts and brushes the bridge of his nose. Marlyn would smile if she could so instead she warms her thoughts and visualizes a smile so that perhaps the other would be able to sense it. It was rather pleasant to have found another similar to herself.
    marlyn

Messages In This Thread
    and this time I'm not leaving without you; Ashley - by Marlyn - 11-16-2016, 01:08 PM
    RE: and this time I'm not leaving without you; Ashley - by Marlyn - 11-17-2016, 10:03 AM