• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will stand my ground || ALL

With the gift of his ice Newton was finally at peace. He was no longer hollow. His family was built into his spirit and body. Sahm could see the joy in Newton as they made their way to the land that was granted to them. It had been a long few weeks. They had been separated. They both had a piece of them ripped from their core, and they had been homeless. Now they were together, whole, and traveling in the direction of their new home. Newton pressed his muzzle against Sahm’s as they walked. He exhaled a peaceful sigh. A tiny bay filly pranced beside the two stallions. Her steps were more like hops as she attempted to follow in the exact hoof prints of her fathers.

The land that was given to them was quite different from the Tundra. It was not filled with ice, but rather the enemy of it. Newton wasn’t exactly happy with the temperature and lava-spewing volcano, but in time he believed he would grow used to it. Sahm didn’t like that with the volcano there were barren rocks around it. Tephra was not the home that they would have picked. They missed the Tundra. But a home was a home. Tephra was where Offspring was. Even Magnus had joined the group.

In time a meeting was called. It was headed by Offspring, much to Sahm and Newton’s delight. They attended the meeting with Elora in tow. She was quite unhappy to stand beside her fathers in silence. Adult stuff was boring to her, and the speech the black stallion gave went on for what seemed like forever. Elora did wiggle in her spot, but Sahm was quick to scold her. Newton simply smiled at the entire situation. Their daughter was far more spicier then either of them.

Eventually the floor was opened to suggestions on how the politics of Tephra should go. Several other horses like the idea of a council. Sahm didn’t mind having multiple ruling parties, but he did have one suggestion. When his turn came he spoke. ”I am happy with the idea of a council that will convene and discuss important decisions for the land, but I do believe that there should be one horse who is above all others. That one horse would ultimately make the decision in the event of a tie. This is especially important in opposing opinions. Every house needs a head. “

Sahm, Newton, and Elora
    the magician, the ice shifter, and their perfect daughter

OOC: Basically in a democracy there is still a president. So Sahm simply suggests that there be someone who is the ultimate tie breaker- the ultimate decision maker- but the council would basically discuss all decisions with the head person as well. I hope that makes sense

Messages In This Thread
    i will stand my ground || ALL - by Offspring - 09-07-2016, 11:17 AM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Camelia - 09-07-2016, 02:46 PM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Aranea - 09-07-2016, 11:21 PM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by magnus - 09-08-2016, 01:13 AM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Thanata - 09-08-2016, 02:21 AM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Sahm+Newton - 09-08-2016, 07:43 PM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Rael Fire - 09-09-2016, 08:08 AM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Longear - 09-16-2016, 09:16 PM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Thorunn - 09-19-2016, 04:25 AM