• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will stand my ground || ALL
    I will run the streets and hostile lands, I will touch the rain with all I have
    I will breathe the air, to scream it loud. My feet will never touch the ground.

Camelia knows she will mourn Heaven’s Gates with a fierceness she will not feel otherwise. There is something so achingly hollow about the place you called home being destroyed forever. To never whisper secrets against the rough bark of the Mother Tree, to never walk alongside the gentle branches of the willow trees, to never find the place where Mast and she came together – it tugged at her heart in a way she hadn’t felt before. The loss that she drowned in clogged her blood vessels and choked her lungs. But Camelia has forced herself to breathe otherwise – to find a different way to get the oxygen she needs that the Gates can’t provide any longer. That is what grief and mourning and reconciliation is about; finding a way to survive and compensate without the things you once thought you needed.

So she puts her mind to other things – to the tasks at hand, to aiding Magnus, to building someplace that might echo the tender love her home once provided. She follows them into their new home, lingering at the back of the group. She is wise in her age, and she feels no urgency. There will be time – days, weeks, months – to discover the new homes Beqanna has provided. She allows the youths to take the lead, allowing herself a slower pace to accommodate for her injured leg. Although the gash has stopped freely bleeding, the scabbing and pain is still severe. There is a constant, dull ache in the bone of her shoulder, as well as a lingering biting pain on her skin. Camelia’s gait limps along, also partially leading her to take the rear of the group.

The most noticeable thing Camelia notices is the smell. It certainly is no flowery aroma, instead a sharp tang that lingers in her nostrils well after she exhales. She resists the urge to put on a face of disgust. Instead she sends up a silent prayer of thanks to Beqanna. They have at least blessed them with a home to call their own, to protect them and welcome them. The rest have stopped in front of her and the aging mare slowly limps closer. The mighty black stallion is giving a speech. Although she hasn’t met him yet, Camelia knows he was the Tundra’s king.

Her heart swells when Magnus is mentioned and her eyes turn toward him. She nods although he might not see her. She still lingers near the rear, content with listening and not joining the pushing throng of excited youths. So she waits until he opens the floor for discussion. Camelia feels a tug to speak her piece. The Mother Tree, her parents, Heaven’s Gates, Fiasko, Mast – they all have influenced her to believe there should always be a place that accepts and loves and welcomes everyone no matter who they are or where they came from. It is a part of her personality, her history, her beliefs; she knows she should implement it somewhere that it is sure to be impressionable.

Her warm voice rises before anyone else might speak. “I believe we should have a code of acceptance.” Camelia shifts her weight slightly, wincing as her leg spikes with pain before dulling again. “I don’t care much for whatever ranking system we choose to implement. But I do think we should accept, welcome, and love anyone who walks through our borders.” Whether they are all on the same level of authority, or if they must work their way to the top, she does not care. As long as they love, protect, and adore. “Beqanna has shown us that she does not appreciate hate over silly racial differences. Tephra should respect that and even embrace it. Everyone in Beqanna should know they can come here for anything – safety, comfort, a purpose, or even a place to enjoy life.” Camelia smiles and that bright sunny smile shines through perhaps more than it ever has. Then, as an afterthought, “I’m Camelia, once from the Gates.”

Camelia

In case anything is confusing, to clarify, Camelia thinks Tephra should be a place that does not turn anyone away. She doesn't care about ranking systems or anything, but she does strongly believe this. Those who came here would obviously have to follow some sort of rules, and only be banned from Tephra if they did something incredibly serious. In order to stop chaos and disrespect, there could be a warning system I suppose. If they are warned three times and haven't stopped, maybe give them some sort of task or have them do something disciplinary.

But anyway, Camelia believes Tephra should be open to anyone, accepting of whomever walks in, and friendly toward everyone.

Messages In This Thread
    i will stand my ground || ALL - by Offspring - 09-07-2016, 11:17 AM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Camelia - 09-07-2016, 02:46 PM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Aranea - 09-07-2016, 11:21 PM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by magnus - 09-08-2016, 01:13 AM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Thanata - 09-08-2016, 02:21 AM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Rael Fire - 09-09-2016, 08:08 AM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Longear - 09-16-2016, 09:16 PM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Thorunn - 09-19-2016, 04:25 AM