• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Daleans, anyone;
    now you're staring at a queen.
    She awakens, and she is different.
    Was it a dream, then?
    Did she dream the earthquakes, the screams?
    Is the smell of death around her of the lands or of its people?
    She does not want to find out.
    She is disoriented - she doesn’t remember this part of her kingdom. She turns her head, sharply, a little panicked, and sees hundreds of horses around her. Some of them have come together, started to form into groups, but they all look worried. Uncertain.
    It isn’t the Dale.
    They are up high, the air cold and thin. She is panicked, frantic; she doesn’t see her children, or Ramiel, or anyone she recognizes. She picks up a canter, breathing hard, “Sela! Kha! Sabrael! Ram -- Ram --” This is perhaps the most emotion she has ever shown, but luckily there is no one around that she knows to witness it.
    There is more land below, she realizes, coming down to a walk.
    The path down the mountain is tricky -- steep and uncertain, ready for her to slip and fall the rest of the way down, but she manages to hold her composure. It is, truthfully, the one thing she is good at.

As she gets closer to the bottom of the mountain, she sees them -- her people -- Tiphon and Talulah she recognizes, the others less so.
    Ea joins them as the youngest finishes speaking, breathless, and regains her composure.
    “Oh, I’m so glad to see you all are well,” she says, still looking around for others. “Have you seen my children, or Ramiel? Phaedrus, even?” She takes a deep breath again, looking at those she doesn’t know.
    “I’m sorry, I’m Ea. Queen -- well, I was queen, I suppose, of the Dale.”
    It hits her, then.
    She had been so wrapped up in adrenaline and emotion, she had not stopped to think -- she is no longer a queen. This title that she had trained all of her life to hold, she had molded the Dale as a quiet but strong kingdom, free from conflict and danger.
    And all at once, her life’s work had been stripped from her.
    “Well,” she says, pausing, “what do we do now?”

(so, if all of y'all want to join a land, I can go ahead and keep track of points -- if you want to join a land but use your personal points towards traits instead, just let me know. you can PM me if you'd like or if you have any questions)

Messages In This Thread
    Daleans, anyone; - by Tiphon - 09-02-2016, 01:16 PM
    RE: Daleans, anyone; - by Ashley - 09-02-2016, 03:29 PM
    RE: Daleans, anyone; - by Talulah - 09-03-2016, 12:10 AM
    RE: Daleans, anyone; - by Ashley - 09-03-2016, 04:29 AM
    RE: Daleans, anyone; - by Adalyn - 09-04-2016, 01:49 PM
    RE: Daleans, anyone; - by Ea - 09-04-2016, 02:51 PM
    RE: Daleans, anyone; - by Ashley - 09-04-2016, 03:05 PM
    RE: Daleans, anyone; - by Phaedrus - 09-04-2016, 10:52 PM
    RE: Daleans, anyone; - by Vida - 09-05-2016, 12:08 AM
    RE: Daleans, anyone; - by Tiphon - 09-06-2016, 01:26 PM
    RE: Daleans, anyone; - by Vida - 09-06-2016, 01:46 PM