• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Boom
    Thundering hooves could be heard as the bay and white mare galloped into the field towards the water source of the land. Halting she lifts her head to the sky flaring her nostrils taking in all the new smells of all the new horses around her, to tell the truth she didn't care about many of the other horses around her she wasn't a very friendly mare any ways except to one mare and that was her own daughter and at times she wasn't very nice to her either. 

Lifting her large frame upon her hind legs she lets out a call to all around "Behold I am here." With that she drops back to the ground and gives it a paw daring anyone to come close to her or try to control her. She was in one of her moods where she hated everything today where only the bravest of horses who dared to come close to her could at their own risk. Her small ears flicked around her listening to the sounds around her before dropping her muzzle to the cold ground to sniff around before going and taking a drink.

(blah)

”I reeeaalllyy don’t want to, babe” Newton plead to Sahm while tugging on his mane. His lips puckered, and he edged his body upwards to whisper in Sahm’s ear, ”We could just hang around the Tundra…you know…” He landed kisses along Sahm’s cheek, and nibbled on his forelock lovingly.

Sahm smiled and reluctantly waved his head away. ”Newton, we need to.” He simply stated. ”I knnoowww…” Newton moaned before exhaling a dramatic sigh and planting himself right beside Sahm to follow him in stride. ”It is for” Sahm began. ”It is for the good of the kingdom” Newton mockingly interrupted with a mischievous grin. Sahm quietly laughed before playfully nudging his nose into Newton’s side. ”Stop give me a hard time. I just want to contribute to the place that took me in” ”And I just want to contribute to your needs” Newton teasingly retorted.

They were both in good humor as they approached the field. Sahm stayed a tad ahead of Newton who was meandering behind. It took a lot for Sahm to convince Newton to venture away from the icy land that he had come to love, but success had occurred with the tenth conversation. Upon arrival Sahm’s ears pricked at an announcement that was being made. He turned his head and stared directly at the source of the voice. It was a mare. She didn’t seem too pleasant, but she was available. Sahm began to make his way toward the mare. Newton trotted up and tugged on Sahm’s mane. ”Really? That one” He questioned. Sahm nodded his head ”I am sure she’s nice.” He optimistically replied.

Once Sahm and Newton were close to the mare. Sahm nodded his head in greeting, and Newton stood quietly behind him. ”Hello there, Miss” Sahm began. ”How are you today? My name is Sahm…and I’ve come to offer you refuge if that is what you seek.” Sahm finished with a friendly smile..

sahm and newton
    the magician and the ice shifter

Ears flicked towards of the voice spoken to her lifting her muzzle from the cold water she twisted her neck towards the two souls that stood there and which one had spoken. "I am called Releiya." She snorted and turned her whole body to face the two, lifting her head high she hoped to show she was a proud and spirited mare.

Her thick tail flicked around her as she thought about the stallion's offer of refuge. "I'm not fleeing from anyone I seek a herd if they can handle me." She scanned the area wondering why her daughter hadn't showed up yet but then she did know not to come near her mother in her mood.

"What kind of refuge do you offer?" With that she moved towards the pair keeping an ear on the one that seemed to be the leader of the two. Stopping she stood in front of them giving them the once over, looking towards the one standing behind Sahm she just watched. "Does this one have a name as well as well as speak?" silent horses in her book meant possible trouble with their secrets and plotting other times though she didn't understand why though many were shy.

Newton really just wanted to hide. He wasn’t a conversationalist. He wasn’t very good at making friends. Newton grew up playing with an oversized turtle and his younger siblings. It hadn’t been Newton’s idea to go to the field, and it especially hadn’t been his idea to approach the mare. So the bay stallion fell back behind Sahm, and stayed quiet in hopes of being invisible.

Sahm on the other hand was excited to be back into a routine. He had recruited for the Gates for many years, and it felt good to be doing the same for his new home. The field felt like an old, uncomfortable hat. The bay mare that stood before him introduced herself with great confidence. Her body stature indicated strength and spirit- two qualities that the Tundra definitely valued. She instantly felt like a good candidate. Sahm nodded his head when she spoke her name. The mare then addressed his offer- this time Sahm was glad that redness couldn’t show through his black cheeks. He felt a sense of embarrassment heat of his face. Newton grasped onto this and walked beside Sahm to adoringly rub his neck and give him an encouraging smile.

Sahm glanced toward Newton with gentle eyes. His spirit now a bit more uplifted. ”Well I can’t exactly offer you a herd, in the classic sense. I come from a land called the Tundra. It is a kingdom with a monarchy. We are much like a family, giving each other support and strength. There are two castes within the kingdom that you can train in. One is for war and the other diplomacy.” Sahm spoke with authority and hope. He truly believed that this mare could excel within the Tundra ranks.

When the attention was brought to Newton, he immediately and unexpectedly turned to ice. Where there was once a bay roan coat a clear and cold form now stood. Sahm’s smile grew brighter at the mention of his mate. ”Well this is..” He began before gesturing to the horse sculpted ice. ”Oh my, Newton!” Sahm screeched.

Newton almost jumped out of his skin at Sahm’s remark and instantly he was back to normal. ”Oh goodness, I am sorry…I do that when I get nervous.” Newton stammered.
    sahm and newton

Willoway Free Spirit heard sounds of a mare.He galloped of in the direction where the noise came from.He let out a battling cry,he wanted a mare.He wanted to show the bachelor stallions that he could get a mare,without forcing her to be in a herd.They would always joke about him.

"I will get a mare."he told the bachelor stallionsThey laughed at what he said,his bay ears went back.
    :cool: Speed Is Key!!!-Jacksepticeye :cool:
    Was meant to be him
    Rae watched and listened to the black stallion as he spoke. "War and diplomacy training. Very interesting now." She hadn't study either before but then when you were the herd leader's daughter you really didnt have to do much. Except she loved to pick fights as she grew up with the colts to prove she just wasn't the leader's daughter and that she could hold her own. "Sounds very promising." She gladnced towards the other stallion to see something odd happen to him, she gave a startled snort and pinned her ears until he returned to his natural self. "My my you a a different cup of tea. I have never seen a horse like you." Her head was thrown in the air towards the sounds of yet another horse this one blowing the battle call or what she thought was one, flicking her tail she lowered her head to the highth of her shoulders and pinned her ears.

(Sorry been trying to come up with something the past two days)
    Raeleyia
    All that ends well
    He slowed down as he came closer to her.He didn't want to scare her,he was kind with mares.He would rather live with a herd of moaning mares than moaning bachelor stallions.
    :cool: Speed Is Key!!!-Jacksepticeye :cool:

Newton could not have been more embarrassed by his accidental shift. He had never grown completely comfortable with himself in ice form. It was a peculiar trait to have, and he had not met another that shared his ability. Sahm didn’t mind when Newton was ice for every part of his lover was beautiful and special. Sahm stepped back to align himself with Newton. He gently prodded Newton on the cheek.

A loud noise came from behind the two stallions. Sahm immediately lurched his head around to spot the source of the sound. His ears pinned back and he let out a quiet gruff. What an inappropriate entrance, Sahm thought to himself. Newton merely ignored the cry and continued to watch the mare before him. He let out an awkward laugh. ”Yeah…I got it from my dad.” He referenced his ability to turn into ice.

Sahm returned his attention back to the mare. ”Horses here in Beqanna have many abilities. Our king in the Tundra can control fire. Magic runs deep in the veins of those who live here. “ Sahm explained. ”I am so happy that you have stumbled upon these lands. You would truly be an asset to the Tundra if you wish to come. Offspring, the king, welcomes all. We have good numbers. There are plenty of us there for you to find friends and possibly a mate if you so wish.” Sahm smiled. Newton nodded his head along with the words. He nudged Sahm gently at the notion of finding a mate in the Tundra. They had been so lucky to find each other.

”If you’d like we can show you the way there.” Newton spoke up.
    sahm and newton

Nodding to the one that had spoken she kept an ear pointed to the new comer. "Treats from our fathers are worth their weight in gold if they are worthy ones." She herself hadn't gotten a treat from her father all she got from him was her height her mother was the one that gave her everything else.  

"What do you mean control fire?" She was puzzled many horses hated fire for the destruction it caused in herd lands. Hearing the offer of showing her the way to their home land she smiled she was ready to get out of the cold field and into a family unit so to say.  "I would like that. Exactly how many do you think are in the herd land?" Yes she was nosy she wanted to know how many she may have to to impress or to avoid when they got there and later on.
    (its icky sorry)

Raeleyia
    All that ends well