• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lost and alone
    Knight sighed heavily. He had lost his love and knew nothing of where she was; maybe it was time to move on? Walking into a new land, the snow white stallion sighed with a lowered head. The family that he once had had vanished and his daughter was gone as well. Knight's heart was full of longing as he trudged along the trail. "Great, once more you are trying to find a herd or your family." he muttered to himself. 

Knight thought back to the first time he had gotten separated from Angel and Raging, but shaking his head, he tried to get the thought of all those lives lost years ago, all the foals and mares that had become friends to him. Knight lifted his head and looked around. It was a peaceful place he had come across  and as he closed his eyes, he sighed to himself. "Well I guess I better find a place of my own or some place that I can at least call home." 

Coming to the shade, Knight plopped down with a groan, he was so tired from the journey that he started to doze under the tree. Soon he was lying flat in the grass with his side and belly rising and falling with each breath he took. He knew the risks but he also knew that if anyone should come to harm him, he would be able to defend himself.
    I will run the streets and hostile lands, I will touch the rain with all I have
    I will breathe the air, to scream it loud. My feet will never touch the ground.

Camelia knows the feeling of losing loved ones. She frequently remembers her parents, Finnley and Kaelie, and the love they constantly expressed. Her childhood would never have been so full and happy if it weren’t for them and their endless, achingly overflowing care they had for everyone around them. She is incredibly thankful for all they did, as it had helped shape her into the woman she has become. That very fact also makes her missing them all the more painful. It is a good pain, soreness in her heart like tight muscles after running and working for long hours.

Her feet bring her into the Field. It has been a long time since she last recruited for her beloved kingdom. It has been a long time since Camelia has done anything besides dream of the past. As she enters the busy clearing, she feels a rejuvenation enter her soul with her next breath. It is good to have a purpose and a meaning behind her life again. It is refreshing and satisfying and it brings a bit of a hop to her step as she moves deeper into the autumn grass.

The dunskin’s attention is caught when she spots a white mass in the shade beneath a tree. The once-queen moves closer, delicate ears pricking forward. Camelia catches the sound of soft snores and a sunny grin of amusement dances over her face. There are very few in Beqanna who are brave enough to doze during the day, especially in such a busy place and especially laying down. An almost childish giggle bubbles from her lips. Stepping closer, Camelia reaches down to cautiously nudge the white stallion with her graying muzzle.

“Hello, sir? I beg your pardon but it is not safe to be sleeping out here.” Beqanna is in a rough patch, even she knows that though she has only been back to the Gates for a few days. She is more concerned for his safety than anything else.

Camelia
    Knight felt a nudge and he jolted awake and quickly got to his feet. "Oh, hello miss." he said as he relaxed a little. Raging had taught him to never let his guard down. "I know, but after walking for so long, I didn't care." he said with a smile, a forced one though a smile none the less. 

Knight shook himself to wake up; the stallion wasn't trying to show off or anything, he didn't have the heart to show off yet to anyone. It was just one of those things he had to have time to bounce back from. Raging had been his for some time, even when they were foals, so to not have her was like a kick to the stomach.  "Forgive my rudeness." he said with a sigh. "I just do't seem to be myself yet. I got separated from my family herd." he added as he looked upat the mare since he had lowered his head in thought. He never would know how he got separated from Angel and her family herd or how he even got lost in the first place. 

Knight's heart ached, a deep ache that he knew would never go away but maybe in time he would find Angel and the others again or maybe he would find a home in this place. "Truthfully I have no idea how I even got here." he said with a deep laugh.

As time went on, Knight sighed but heard a nicker, He looked over to his left to see a blue roan coming at him with a full gallop. Knight nickered back and nuzzled the mare. It was Raging! He couldn't believe it.
    I will run the streets and hostile lands, I will touch the rain with all I have
    I will breathe the air, to scream it loud. My feet will never touch the ground.

The stallion is quick to rise from his shady bed and Camelia’s lips twitch with a compassionate smile. She has never truly felt the bone-weariness of traveling long distances. Beqanna has been her home and it always will be; she doesn’t plan on leaving any time soon. She has grown up among the sweeping willow trees of Heaven’s Gates and traveled distances to reach other kingdoms, but never across multiple lands. Her heart aches with compassion and she nods generously at his weary voice.

“Don’t worry. Although Beqanna has darkness, there are also many good people here as well.” The dunskin bursts into a full smile now and it’s like the sun coming away from a cloud. It’s dazzling and beautiful and sunny. The white stallion seems full of many heavy emotions as he continues. Again, her heart and soul fills with deep sympathy and she takes a step forward. “I’d love to help you, if you’d like.” Camelia’s warm brown eyes look him over, inspecting for wounds or lasting injuries.

Before she can do much more, a figure in the distance comes racing closer. Camelia’s eyes jump toward the running figure, watching as it forms into a horse and then a blue roan mare. Details are picked out as she comes to a halt and the stallion moves closer to her. The dunskin’s heart is light as they seem to know each other, nuzzling and nickering like good friends. Camelia smiles brightly, her eyes turning toward the pair.

“Hello! I’m Camelia. Sir, I never did get your name.” Although she is bright and happy, a twinge of awkwardness hits her belly. Nonetheless, she smiles through it. “And who might you be? You two know each other?” She turns toward the blue roan, graying lips stretching into a generous, welcoming grin.

Camelia

(sorry this took so long to get up! i was on vacation)