• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing is coming to rise - any
    With my speechless calm eyes,
    nothing is coming to rise.

He couldn’t keep up anymore, it simply was impossible. There were so many new faces, not only adults, but children too. Quite a lot of them seemed to be Offspring’s, but not Isle’s. Not that the graying stallion questioned his king, but he had been surprised by it. The Tundra’s brother- and sisterhood had grown too. For so long he had been the only one to persuade career in the warrior caste, and now he had to share his rank with two others. Vaughan had he known since he had come to the Tundra as a boy, but Brynmor hadn’t had the pleasure to meet Romek. Just as both G’ren’s children, he hadn’t officially met them. The peace caste showed some new faces too, which he soon had to meet when he would call all the diplomat’s together.

Today, however, he didn’t really had something to do until the sun would set. Sure, he could always visit the field or make a trip to the other kingdoms, but Offspring had asked him to stay during the time the black king would be absent. And thus he would stay. They had been taking turns in guarding the cave, but Brynmor had yet to actually get to know his fellow guard. He knew what the other stallion looked like, as they had both been present at the kingdom meeting, but that was really it. Other than that Romek seemed to be promoting quite quickly the blue eyed stallion didn’t know anything about him.

Maybe he could use today to change that. That seemed like a good thing to do. Maybe he could go and send some time with Roan too. He would have to be on guard all night, so it would be nice to be able to rest during the day in her companionship. Brynmor had always liked her presence and now the bay roan mare was feeling better they finally could spend time together again, without having to worry for her health.

It is the sound of another horse approaching that pulls him from his thoughts. His ears twist in the direction the sound comes from, before his head sways in the same direction. Although he had been granted sight, his other senses were still better. He could see, but other horses would be able to see better. However, his hearing was still as sensitive as it had been during the time he was blind. Brynmor had needed his other senses to survive. His blue eyes find an unfamiliar figure, one he studies before offering a smile. ”Hello" he greets, waiting for his new companion to close by.

BRYNMOR

OOC: Preferbly someone who hasn't threaded with Bryn before. He needs to get to know the new faces xD
    A U R U M N
    too hot, hot damn

What a bummer this place is. It’s cold. There aren’t as many girls as I would like. Yeah, more than I had imagined there would be but still. If it weren’t for the terrible attitude of theirs I might be better off in the jungle. At least that would be the female-to-male ratio that would be more my speed. But here I am, getting fluffy

You need it here though, man. It is ridiculously cold. Why the hell did someone come here one day and think “yep, this is perfect”. Idiot. And now here I am having to deal with that stupidity all these years later. And they want me to convince other horses to come here? Damn this place needs a badass marketing department. Kinda like Iceland’s… but then again we all know that they are just bluffing. 

I mean, come on. No one really likes Iceland. 

I’m just out here running around, trying to keep warm (and stay in shape, to combat the fluffiness). And then I see this dude from before, the smallish one that calls boring meetings. I mean, not my idea of a good time, but hell it beats standing here and freezing to death all alone. 

So I saunter over and nod at him the way bros do in response to his greeting. He seems pretty straight-laced, but who knows, maybe a wingman in the making. “So what do you all do for fun around here? Surely this place has some sort of redeeming quality…” I say that, but come on man, convince me. 

make a dragon wanna retire man

Sorry…. feel free to treat him like a nuisance XD
    With my speechless calm eyes,
    nothing is coming to rise.

For some the Tundra might be a flop, but Brynmor totally loved the place. Yes, loved. Just like he truly loved Roan. Partly it had been due to Hurricane, who had offered a blind man a home and gave him a cause. Even though he had only been able to move slowly, he had contributed in every way he could. Once Djinnie had granted him sight he had only became more dedicated to the Tundra. It was like his gift from the gods to continue what he was doing, and he did it with pride.

He would never have thought that he could climb up the ranks of a kingdom like this. What good could a short, untrained and blind stallion do? Brynmor was nothing like that anymore, except for the fact that gained any height. Which was entirely normal. Either way, Tundra was home and his loyalty was pledged. He would do anything he could to make her thrive.

That included nagging on and correcting of fellow diplomats. The graying stud cannot help but to frown. He had nodded to him, but no more than that. Sure, Brynmor was no king, but nonetheless he wanted to be treated with respect. However, it was the question – apparently honest question from the tobiano male – that set him off. ”You haven’t found the Tundra’s great assets yet? Then I suggest you look around you.” Well, that clearly came out grumpier than he had meant to, but yeah, insulting the Tundra was something that irritated the blue eyed male quite a lot.

”Aurumn was it, right?” He asks, not really expecting an answer, probably just another nod. ”Why did you decide to reside in the Tundra? To join the diplomacy caste? Something must have driven you.” Brynmor’s voice is much more friendly and he succeeded at hiding his irritation from before. He shouldn’t judge too quick and they needed all the valuable members they could get. Although Brynmor wasn’t entirely sure that Aurumn would be one.

BRYNMOR