• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

feel the heart underneath my skin; dara/sam-pony

Wolves in our own skin, we're savages. We act so primitive.
    “Why would that have been a shame?”

A grin slowly spreads across my face at the question, and I’m beginning to suspect I might be the more extraverted of the two of us. I’d rather be talking to someone than spending time alone just about any day. “It’s nice to meet you, Keeper, from nowhere and now here--which is an excellent choice in places to be from, by the way. And it would have been a shame to be standing around by myself in a forest missing out on talking to someone other than my family. Mind you, I love talking to my family. But it’s nice to get out and meet new people sometimes, you know?”

I’ve spent the last six months surrounded by adorable baby sisters, watched over by not only my overprotective dads, but my grandma and my aunt and uncle, and even my younger cousin as well. Tycho seems to have decided that since I’m unattached and female and not a powerhouse like our grandmother or his father, it therefore falls to him to help protect me from the big, scary world.

It’s actually kind of cute. Aside from being just a little bit infuriating, that is.

Still, infuriating or no, I suppose it’s a good sign. He’s starting to feel connected, feel like a part of the whole family instead of just his little one. So I suppose having one more person watching over me a little too closely isn’t so terrible. “Do you have family about too, Keeper?”
    Do the rain dance like you're on fire.

(Ugh, sorry it's short.)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: feel the heart underneath my skin; dara/sam-pony - by Dara - 07-25-2016, 03:32 PM