• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

of the distant mountains; Brynmor & Igni

How many years I know I'll bear
    I found something in the woods somewhere

She has always known about his transgression and she doesn’t hold it against him - never has, never will. It was something they did not discuss and never would: a colt appeared and she took him in as if he were her own and she has not seen the boy since.

They have their own daughter now and Roan has never been happier. Her happiness is overshadowed by the fact that Igni’s birth left her sick and weak and therefore less of a mother than Igni deserved. There is little that she can do to get that time back or solidify that bond between mother and daughter - Igni is her own creature now and so very like her father in that she is bold and dutiful. Roan is proud of how the girl has grown up with only her father to nurture her, and some part of her that she tucks far away and deep inside herself is sad that she was not there to do her part in the girl’s raising.

No matter now, Roan is up and venturing further afield by the day. She ventures far enough now to call to both her mate and their child.
    “Brynmor,” she beckons sweetly.
    “Igni,” she calls more softly.
    And the small bay roan mare waits for her family to come.

Roan

eh, it's short but it's something! <3

Messages In This Thread
    of the distant mountains; Brynmor & Igni - by roan - 07-05-2016, 01:23 PM