• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

darkness is coming to swallow the light; clark

Although Tannor did not complete his first response, the conclusion of the sentence in his head was simple enough for an experienced magician like Clark to read. Rarely did Clark encroach on the private thoughts of others – he did once or twice in his youth, by mistake, and regretted it immediately: some horses here are seriously deranged. But in this moment, it almost felt like the dark stallion wanted him to, and so, he did not hold back.

Dude, trust me. You do not wanna be like me. He didn’t hold back in his mental response either. Hopefully, he thought afterwards, he didn’t take the other stallion by too much surprise.

Then Tannor began to speak again, and as he listened, the tobiano let a leisurely grin rest on his lips. He could tell the young stallion was nervous, yet so desperately wanted something that he was willing to spill his deepest desires to a stranger. Clark didn’t know who or what led the boy to him, but he supposed that didn’t quite matter. Tannor was before him now, and the best he could do was help the guy.

Gingerly, he reached forward, lightly brushing his muzzle up against the boy’s cheek and snorted. As his breath escaped his nostrils, the moving air darkened and grew, beginning to surround the dark stallion. Slowly at first, then faster and faster, the dark air clouded around the young stallion until nothing but smoke could be seen.

Clark snorted again, and the smoke vanished as quickly as it had come.

“I need to stop smoking,” he murmured to himself with a cough.

Then he looked up, his gaze befell the most elegant gray stallion, nothing like the figure that had existed just moments prior. Gone were the decaying wings and the putrid smell, replaced with a pelt of shining, unblemished silver and the fragrant cologne of fresh lavender and bergamot (with another small snort, the paint chuckled: he may have gone a little overboard here).

“What a handsome devil you are!” he exclaimed, pulling his muzzle away from the stilver stallion. He glanced again over Tannor, silently admiring his own handiwork. He was getting better at this! “Your demons will always be a part of you, but with concentration and practice, you’ll have more control over them than you ever imagined,” he continued, deciding to let the young stallion figure out the true powers and limitations himself.

Then Tannor, like the young filly, queried him on repayment. Again the paint chuckled, appreciative but having no need for any assistance at the moment. “Help someone else in need, sometime in the future, and we’ll call the debt repaid,” he responded, echoing the exact statement he had told the girl many years past.

fate she hears me | fate stand near me | fate state clearly
    whether there will be another card

Messages In This Thread
    RE: darkness is coming to swallow the light; clark - by Clark - 07-06-2016, 09:38 AM