• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am the sword in the darkness | vessel, chemdog

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

It had been a long winter, a long and uncomfortable winter. My belly had more than doubled and it had been increasingly difficult to alleviate the pressure. Spring had brought the worst discomfort yet, and while I am no brood mare, I knew instinctively that it was almost time. I had left the herd meeting a day or so ago and had moved to find a quiet safe spot away from the others, away from noise or prying eyes. The spring breeze was lovely and very much so welcomed even if I couldn’t stand or lay down comfortably I could at least enjoy the wind on my face. But with that wind brought a feeling. It wasn’t the foal within me, but like there was something just out of sight. It didn’t go away when I looked around. I focused on the feeling, it was familiar but distance like something you haven’t experienced in a long time. It nagged and pulled, it urged me to pay attention to not ignore it, and then the next breeze brought his sent. Vaughan. A burst of emotion shot through me, it started with joy. He was my brother, and it had been so long since we had seen each other. But the joy morphed to curiosity, then worry, why had he come? It had been a few years why now? He was in Chamber somewhere, I knew I had time to make my way toward our childhood home before he stepped over the Village threshold.

It was with some effort but I made my way, again my body fought me, I was unable to do anything but walk, but soon enough I stopped at the path that led to the Kingdom’s main lands. Vaughan was close, but he wasn’t on the main path, his voice rang through the air around a hill to her right, so I went off to meet him. He had changed, his boyish ways were shed for that of a man. His voice deeper, his coat thick, the time apart had changed them both. Nymph had said he left him to Offspring in Tundra, and the icy lands had moulded him into something more than he was before. Just as Tundra had changed him I had changed as well. I had no scars, and I was so obviously pregnant (which I was sure would give him a heart attack), but I was not so quick to cry, I was no longer so dependent on others. I had developed some inner strength. It was to be expected, wasn’t it? I wasn’t a kid, though Vaughan’s brash announcement at the Village’s border made it obvious he didn’t. My legs ached and my barrel cramped with the untimely effort, but I turned the corner and came into view of my twin. I exhale and prepare myself for whatever his reaction was, it wouldn’t be congratulatory she knew better than to hope for that.

”I will do no such thing, dear brother.” I say so with a smile, and a nicker, before I closed the distance between us to nuzzle his thick coated shoulder. I was glad he looked well. Even if his mouth hadn’t matured with the rest of him, it was nice to know he still cared enough to try and control me. I wouldn’t have any of it, but the thought behind his brash attempt was sincere. ”Tundra has treated you well, it would seem. Who would have thought we would end up in such different places.” I studied him, the anchor on his chest, the thick sweat on his brow, as he complained of the heat. ”It is only because you’re a wooly mammoth Vaughan. I assume that symbol is from when you joined Tundra…but why that marking?” My voice is fuller now, not so high, not so inexperienced. I, of course, have ignored the fact that I am pregnant, it would all be addressed in due time. I looked Vaughan in the eye and awaited the inevitable conversation that was about to happen.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am the sword in the darkness | vessel, chemdog - by Vessel - 07-03-2016, 10:42 PM