• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am the sword in the darkness | vessel, chemdog

i am the sword in the darkness
    Spring meant nothing to Vaughan in the Tundra, it was still bitterly cold and the food was still scarce due to most of them overfilling their sunken bellies with the grass before it could even reach full peak. Vaughan knew it was imperative that he stay lean but workable so he often foraged for food other than the Tundra, sometimes it was several day treks but he always returned home. In his days of wandering he had stumbled across his twin's scent but Kimber had advised that he need not disturb her, let her live her own life as the dip-dye mare called it but our floppy ear man wasn't happy with that. He couldn't keep tabs on her and once he found she was living amongst a bunch of brood mares, his stomach felt sick and his head began to pound with heat and anger. His sister, a play toy and brood mare? He wouldn't stand for it.

Vaughan couldn't care less about many people or places but his two affiliations where the Tundra and Chamber; simply for his fondness of his mother and knowing the herd was beneath the Chamber's mountainside only grew his distaste more. He is swift throughout the night, all of the ice has begun to melt from his thick black pelt and the matted forelock is drenched with water - for the first time in three years he has 'thawed' and it feels odd. He feels less secure without it and suddenly, his skin swelter's in the humid late spring air. Hopefully this would be a quick trip otherwise it would prove to be a rough winter without a thickened coat. At day break he reaches the Chamber, he sees the burning tree and wonders momentarily if his mother would sense him being here but he doesn't wait for her - he must keep moving. With each increasing step he feels the god awful heat rise from Volcanic Village and sweat begins to thicken on his already furrowed brow, "Vessel, it is time for you to come home, with me!" he voice is quite deep, strong - much has changed since the war when they were merely yearlings and he has grown significantly. Even he knows though that she will sense him before she hears him, they may not have any ridiculous traits but sharing a placenta can do some weird things to you.

"Jesus, this must be what the Devil's asshole feels like," he spews out, wiping his cheek against his shoulder to attempt to dry it from the constant sweating. His coat was beginning to itch, the thick winter hair would soon rub off if he wasn't quick about his business.

Messages In This Thread
    I am the sword in the darkness | vessel, chemdog - by vaughan - 07-03-2016, 08:41 PM