• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

brothers, sisters, let me be your shelter || MANDATORY KINGDOM MEETING [ALL]

BROTHER, LET ME BE YOUR FORTRESS, WHEN THE NIGHT WINDS ARE DRIVING ON.
    I CAN BE THE ONE TO LIGHT YOUR WAY; I WILL BRING YOU HOME.

He has been quiet. Too quiet, even. The dreary lull of winter had drawn him in, pulled him close and held onto him tightly. The bristling, icy winds and thick blankets of downy snow always induce a unique type of hibernation, tucked deeply within the recesses of the mountains. He savors the frost and frigid ice - it has become a part of him; it has merged with his blood and it seeps into his sinewy muscle and bone. Even the warmth of the sun cannot penetrate the permafrost that has settled within him, and so he remains cold - so very cold, so much of the time. 

Though his marred flesh is covered in a thick sheen of ice, he moves seamlessly through the now melting slush that coats the thriving terrain beneath him. While the sun offers little comfort to him, it manages to peek from behind thick, overbearing clouds to shine upon the heavy layers of frost, causing gentle trickles and streams to cross the valley. His darkened red eyes observe the inevitable change that takes place with each rolling season, and he finds himself at ease with the change. While it will no longer be of comfort to him, it will be of comfort to the men, women and children that reside within their borders - and that alone is enough to satisfy him.

His thick, brawny legs propel him along the sloping side of a hilltop, and gingerly, he shakes his heavy cranium of the flakes of snow that remained tangled within his matted tresses. He casts a long glance over the reviving terrain, his icy heart aglow with a pride of his own. Loyalty is sparse and across the land, it is quiet - though war had ended long ago, it still remained within the minds of many, the causalities and devastation of it had not yet faded away. Having lived over a century, he knew that it never would - that thriving landscapes would only do so with the promise of another war, with the stirring of another feud. 

The heart may claim to refute violence, but the willpower for dominance is always much stronger. 

It is only a matter of time until trouble brews yet again, and there is a sinking feeling within the pit of his stomach that it may come all to soon. Though he has had little dealings with many of the Kingdoms, he had little desire to extend the gesture; and neither did they. He had heard enough of Vanquish and Lagertha and their hot-headed ways and wanted little to nothing to do with either of them or their allies, should they share the same views. 

He preferred to settle upon peace, to function without the promise of shed blood on behalf of his children. Though previous Kings before him had embraced a pact fueled by the trade of their own daughters for their sons, he would not uphold such an idea. Perhaps the sweat-entrenched Amazonian jungle idealized such unethical, violent means to an end, he did not and would not. If that offended any, so be it. He could not care less for their insolence.

Instead, he had settled an alliance with the valley Queen and chamber King, forging something stronger and more promising for the otherwise dismal future that lie ahead. Though change has been difficult for the many that are set in their ways, he had found two kindred spirits that sought to turn things towards a new direction. It was enough to stir hope within him, though he knew naught what it would bring. 

Alas, with a loud bellow, he calls for the men, for the women and for the children alike. While it may be a land of masculinity, the many females that have settled within his land deserve to know what is simmering beneath the surface, and have a say in it as well - he would break the mold in more ways than one this icy morning.

"Men, women! Gather! It has been some time since we have all met, and even longer since we have all come together as one. As many of you know, I have led differently than many previous Kings. I see you as equals, male and female, coming together for the greater good. I see many of you as companions - as family. It is time now that we tear away the bindings of our ancestors and move towards something bigger than ourselves." 

He breathes deeply now, observing the many faces that stand before him. With a solemn expression and a meaningful gaze, he continues. "As of today, as of this moment, the Tundra is no longer a land for men alone - but for all of us. Our ranking system will be refined; our intentions shifted. Men and women alike will work together and function, as any other Kingdom, to move forward as one. I seek your loyalty, and to find out where you wish to be. Whether you desire to remain a resident or seek presence in our ranks, speak now. Welcome to the new age. Welcome, to the Tundra."

OFFSPRING

the ice king of the tundra

Male, female, child - all please reply. It doesn't have to be a mile-long post; simply join in! Big Grin
    Each player only needs to reply with one character, if you have multiple (say, if you have a female and foal).

There is much to discuss and much change to come! 

The Tundra is no longer a bachelor land - but an all-encompassing kingdom for all genders. Welcome to the new age.

Messages In This Thread
    brothers, sisters, let me be your shelter || MANDATORY KINGDOM MEETING [ALL] - by Offspring - 07-03-2016, 11:47 AM