• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

look at me now
    "Evil requires no reason."
    I know she's almost laughing at me, at the way my skin still squirms beneath her touch. I know that smile that she has on her face is at me and the way that Tycho and I are alike. I smile wryly in response but it has faded by the time she speaks again. That anger had surged to the front of my mind. It was all I had seen for a moment. But....Well, I knew her story. Pieces of it. From what Ryss had told me so when she is quiet I reach forwards to touch her shoulder gently.

I had never went through what she had went through with Nocturnal. Her name was something that wasn't ever really said around here. She was like an illusive ghost. Too canny to catch and too important to forget.

So I touch her shoulder and nod slightly. I understood. She was just protecting her baby, making sure that I wasn't going anywhere. She wanted to make sure I understood and was ...not worth her baby...but along those lines. I wasn't going to duck out when shit hits the fan. I'll be right there. Throwing shit back.

"Whatever comes." I say when she is done. I understand, of course I understand. I've been around long enough to see all kinds of shit. I've done all kinds of shit. Even things like the rape that so scarred her. How many lives had I shattered doing the same thing? How many lives had I broken when I tortured?

Not today. These weren't thoughts for today.

"Whatever comes, we will weather the storm." I say finally. And I shift next to her so our body heats combine and I look with her over our family, our home and watch the sun set.

pazuzu

Messages In This Thread
    look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-01-2016, 08:35 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Quark - 07-02-2016, 11:04 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-04-2016, 10:36 AM
    RE: look at me now - by Quark - 07-05-2016, 01:07 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-11-2016, 12:05 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Quark - 07-11-2016, 02:35 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-14-2016, 09:05 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Quark - 07-15-2016, 06:26 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-22-2016, 08:58 PM