• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

look at me now
    "Evil requires no reason."
    I was still a little....shocked that I was here in this herdland with my family and extended family. Sometimes it caught me off guard the way that my life had so irrevocably changed. Ryss had changed it with her damn lightning bolts and the passion that had erupted like a damn volcano between us. There was blood and bruising and then the soft brushes of lips to soothe. And then somehow I had fallen in love with her, with her spirit and fire, with her heart, with her pain. I had fallen head over heels in love with her until I wasn't sure where I started and she ended. She was my drug, the reason that I breathed now. She was all I needed in life. Her and our son.

I found myself standing atop one of the rocky crags. I stood there with the wind blowing through my mane and my eagle eyes looking over the home that we had started, that we had made with Drow and Zur, Quark and Dara. I smirked wondering if we would be adding anymore males to that list or females, anytime soon. I couldn't wait to see Ryss's face and Drow's if Quark ever brings someone else home...for fun. And the first time Dara brings home someone. Ahaha, I'm going to roll my eyes now at the boys' reactions.

"No I am not going to put her in a box." I say aloud, even though they aren't here. I smile at this. They were a little ridiculous sometimes, but they had somehow crawled their way into my heart, taking a little piece of it and carving it out for theirselves. The bastards.

And Quark, that damn yellow and blue mare. She was there too. Mother in law. Soon to be anyways. After the girls were born.

This sends a shiver of thrill and fear down my spine. It curls there in my gut as I think of all that I should be doing. Their birthing would be soon, just a few weeks away once the winter weather cleared just a little more. They wanted to be born on Quark's birthday she had told me. Their little souls already so bright and prominent and here, even if they weren't physically. They were ready to be born and I couldn't wait for them to be myself.

I could only imagine how Zur and Drow were going to feel once they were finally here.

Fear. The copper taste of it coats my tongue. So much magic. I hadn't delved that deep in ages, not since the last reincarnation of magic. Too much made it come more alive, made it want to burn and break and bleed. I would handle it because I had too, but perhaps I should find Quark and have a little...talk before we get our hooves dirty with this baby girls birthing business.

"Quark, you busy?" I say aloud, knowing my words would find her. There's a tingle of something in the air besides their birthing that makes me wary. Perhaps it was time to add a little bit of defense to our home, something to just at least let us know should someone that wants to harm comes into our home. Something. I would have to think on this.

While I wait, I turn my black eyes to the sun, watching as it moves across the sky and sends its warm healing rays back into my body.

pazuzu

Messages In This Thread
    look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-01-2016, 08:35 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Quark - 07-02-2016, 11:04 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-04-2016, 10:36 AM
    RE: look at me now - by Quark - 07-05-2016, 01:07 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-11-2016, 12:05 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Quark - 07-11-2016, 02:35 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-14-2016, 09:05 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Quark - 07-15-2016, 06:26 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-22-2016, 08:58 PM