• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You had the world right at your feet. //

THE EARTH IS ALIVE, AND MAN IS A PARASITE.
    AND HEAVENLY BODIES MAKE US FIGHT.

The sudden mood swings were nothing of concern to him - females and males alike had a tendency to be unpredictable, and he had seen much shifting change in the immense expanse of life he had been given. His searing red eyes follow her as she bids a gentle farewell; the sharpness has since melted away and she is solemn at best. With heavy tilt of his head, he bobs his thick, massive neck only slightly - a nod, though no words leave his throat. He has little to say. She has turned away, descending into the heavy shadows of nightfall, which was beginning to descend. Sunlight faded swiftly from the thick foliage, shielded by the mere density of the brush as the sun falls further beneath the horizon.

His gaze turns then to the buckskin and his perplexed expression. A low, rumbling chuckle rises from the pit of his chest as a gentle uptick of a smile tugs at the corner of his whiskered lips. "It is better to simply accept it; some are more unusual than others." He sighs softly, nostrils flaring slightly with the sharp intake of another breath. The air becomes heavier with the warmth of evening, humidity settling in, and he shifts uncomfortably - he longs for the icy caress of his homelands, and with night having fallen, it is time to part.

He studies him for a long moment.

"Cai, it has been a pleasure - but I must go," He muses, tearing his eyes away to peer through the dense foliage, though the moonlight still manages to peek through. "I have a kingdom to the north that I must return to. The Tundra. You may seek me there, anytime. If you so desire, I can offer you both brother and sisterhood, companionship, shelter. In the least, a place to reside, even temporarily. Do not be a stranger. Until we meet again."

He meets his eyes one final time, before he pushes through the thick pines, weaving through the shadows of the forest and disappearing from sight.

OFFSPRING

the ice king of the tundra

Messages In This Thread
    You had the world right at your feet. // - by Cai - 06-30-2016, 06:05 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-01-2016, 03:29 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-01-2016, 04:12 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-01-2016, 04:56 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-02-2016, 05:30 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-24-2016, 12:32 AM