• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I had a dream that we were dead (Mortal)

I had a dream that we were dead
    and we pretended that we still lived

The black and gold boy is an anomaly, a creature so odd and dichotomous that even his own family had flinched at his birth. The blood of an angel flows through his veins, gifting him with incredible light, and yet he stands eternally in the brink of death. He is a grim reaper with a healer's soul.

And he doesn't even notice, doesn't even care.

For now, he is simply a child. A sickly thin boy with a patchy coat and milky blue eyes the color of death. But this is normal for him. The only thing he's known since the day of his birth, a day death had given way to life, even if it had not entirely loosed its grip on him.

As the undead boy trots forward with an energetic step that belies his infirm appearance, the circumstance of his birth is the last thing on his mind. He is far more interested in his first taste of freedom. He has spent his first few months of life tucked safely within the confines of the Dale, his mother and sister his most constant companions.

But he aches for a freedom he has never known, longs to taste the air outside the only place he has ever known. And so, here he is, gilded head held high with ears perked sharply forward as he makes his way through a strange and unknown land.

As far as adventures go, this one has been rather tame so far. But hope springs eternal in the black and gold boy. He holds no doubt that his luck would soon change, that something or someone will find him and provide entertainment. Either that, or he would simply need to find it on his own.

Jinn

undead son of Tiphon and Elysteria

@[Mortal]

Messages In This Thread
    I had a dream that we were dead (Mortal) - by Jinn - 05-21-2016, 04:50 PM