• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dead are gone; daeryssa

the dead are gone, and the living are hungry.

Her lips can’t help but quirk into a smile at the mare’s comment about her brother. Larken’s new weather abilities are frustrating enough when combined with her sister’s temper, but adding fire abilities to that temper instead? The damn girl would probably burn the whole Jungle down! “That sounds … potentially frustrating.” She catches the pain and bitterness in the mare’s own smile, but does not pry, though she’s suddenly fighting a strange desire to know as much as she can about this stranger. They’ve only just met after all, it wouldn’t be right of her to intrude into something that is obviously an unpleasant memory.

She states her name, with an odd quirk to the lips that makes Lexa think something is amiss. She thinks back, trying to recall … oh. OH.That’s embarrassing. “Oh … oh shit. You’ve already told me. I’m so sorry. Clearly I’m a bit out of sorts …” If she’d been human she would have flushed, but as it is, her brown eyes drop instantly to the ground, discovering a particularly interesting piece of dirt.

Ryss quickly offers a distraction from her embarrassment. “Quark …” Lexa raises her head as she thinks back (though her usually sharp mind is as slow as molasses), trying to remember her mother’s stories. On her less ornery days Lyris had loved regaling Lexa and Larken with tales of her earlier days in the Jungle, and Quark … a mare named Quark had featured in more than one of them. “I think I remember that name. One of the dragon queens, yes?” It had been a time of upheaval for the Jungle. Her mother had been young then, not yet a seasoned warrior, and she’d been full of admiration for the powerful queen. “My mother knew her, though not well I think.” Lyris had …

Oh, oh dear.

Lexa’s breath catches when she realizes the mare’s soft blue head is mere inches away from her side. An errant thought wonders what it would be like to have those lips kiss that tattoo and … Lexa twitches, and only just catches Ryss’ last comment. “Thank you.” Her eyes once again fall to the ground, trying to hide her embarrassment and the strange heat boiling beneath her surface. What’s wrong with her?

lexa

Messages In This Thread
    the dead are gone; daeryssa - by Lexa - 04-26-2016, 11:29 AM
    RE: the dead are gone; daeryssa - by Daeryssa - 04-28-2016, 05:20 PM
    RE: the dead are gone; daeryssa - by Lexa - 05-08-2016, 10:05 PM
    RE: the dead are gone; daeryssa - by Daeryssa - 05-15-2016, 02:49 PM
    RE: the dead are gone; daeryssa - by Lexa - 06-13-2016, 11:59 AM
    RE: the dead are gone; daeryssa - by Daeryssa - 06-22-2016, 07:39 PM
    RE: the dead are gone; daeryssa - by Lexa - 07-28-2016, 12:08 AM