• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

who am i supposed to be? {any}

He has never been required to know anything. Well, that's not, strictly speaking, true. He has needed to know how to survive, how to fend for himself after his mother had decided he didn't need her any longer. But beyond that, he was mostly just doing whatever the hell he feels like, most of which requires very little in the way of knowing things. And certainly it has never been his job to know things.

So, it should come as no surprise that he knows nothing of this mare or her purpose in accosting him here.

Though, I suppose accosting is a little bit strong for what is actually occurring. But, as far as the dusty stallion is concerned, that is neither here nor there.

Actually, the first thought that pops into his head when he finally picks her blue and black frame from the pines is ‘maybe she knows my dad!’ Which, as well as we know Astray by now, should come as no surprise.

Unfortunately the first words out of her mouth are not the ones he had hoped to hear. Instead she's shouting at him about turning something off. What?

It takes him longer that it probably should have to figure out what in the hell she was referring to.

”Oh, shit! Whoops! Sorry. “ The words are spilling from his lips in an uncontrollable dribble even as he hastily draws the sunlight back into his skin, absorbing it as though it had never been. Not once had it ever occurred to him that his unique ability might cause others discomfort when he used it. Though, even had he realized, there's no telling what he actually might have done about it.

A slightly abashed grin touches his lips as she continues, easing the alarmed expression from his features. ”I'm Astray,” he says easily, answering her rather brusque question. ”I'm, uh, I'm actually looking for my dad?”

Wait, he hadn't meant that to sound like a question. Oops.

who am i supposed to be
    if everything good is taken from me?

astray

Messages In This Thread
    who am i supposed to be? {any} - by Astray - 04-09-2016, 02:16 PM
    RE: who am i supposed to be? {any} - by Kimber - 04-10-2016, 04:09 PM
    RE: who am i supposed to be? {any} - by Astray - 04-17-2016, 01:08 PM