• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm a word that no one ever wants to say - any Deserts foal

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

With war on the horizon and the Deserts heavily involved, I’ve left behind my tiny kingdom. I intend to return, of course, but before I can settle into the comfortable neutrality of the falls, I need to be sure that Lucrezia and Rome are safe. I’d like them to come back to the Falls, and am rehearsing a convincing plea for the strong-willed Lucrezia when I stumble across a scent that does not belong where I find it.

I’m only halfway to the Deserts, but I catch of whiff of someone familiar with my enhanced senses.

Rome?

What is he doing in the Forest?

The winter snow holds scent well, and soon enough I am following the small pawprints of my youngest son as they lead me farther into the woods. I hear the sound of shouting and break into a run, barely noticing the third set of prints that Rome seems to have been following. The trees are thick around me – I have never been this deep into the woods – but I weave around them with feline dexterity until I can see the black and yellow pattern of my son ahead through the trees.

“Rome!” I shout, “Rome, slow down!”

The trees are too close together for me to gather much speed, though I am sure that the boy ahead is having no trouble slipping between them.

i hope it is okay that Kreios is being "dad to the rescue" dad D:
    if not feel free to ignore this Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm a word that no one ever wants to say - any Deserts foal - by Kreios - 02-26-2016, 11:57 AM