• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kiss me, beneath the milky twilight;; chessur
    Home.
    A foreign word for the girl who has wandered her whole life, despite her father’s king-ship, her mother’s herd-swapping habit. She has often wondered if that is why she preferred to stay loose, free. Part of her still aches for those days, where she could do as she pleases, but as she glances at the foal next to her, she remembers why she has changed her mind.
    The foal is not why she changed her mind; the foal is just a foal, her foal, and she has two other children wandering somewhere. The foal - Kidd - is almost identical to her mother; big brown eyes, bay coat with flecks of white, and a white snip that streaks across her muzzle like she’s wiped against something. Her father, nothing special, none of them have been anything special. Just mistakes that Merope has made.

She is the reason she has changed her mind. She is no longer a fresh-faced filly, ready to fight the world. She is older now, at least ten years - though time has flitted past her like a flock of birds - and no longer could she fight the world, even if it came at her and her daughter.
    So she needs a home, she needs somewhere that she can raise Kidd, somewhere that, perhaps, she can find her other children.
    She knows this is a dangerous time of year to be alone in the Field, but she risks it anyway, hoping that the sight of a foal will make some stallions stop. But she knows, with a heavy sigh, that this is mere wishful thinking, and she must watch her back.
    Until she has someone to watch it for her.

@[Berber] all ready for herding ;D she's bringing along a baby so i can uncloset something else too haha.

Messages In This Thread
    kiss me, beneath the milky twilight;; chessur - by merope - 01-24-2016, 03:40 AM