• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The tolling of the bells... ROUND I
    it's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
    She thinks it is another one of his tricks. The dull, booming thudding inside her head; she doubt she knows the extent of his powers, this could be one of them (the power to terrorise fillies who strayed too far from their mothers and ended up, helpless, at his hooves). The Meadow is different, now; it is grey. Bleak, and empty, and grey. She stands out - when she is visible - green and red and stubborness that is being worn down by some sort of devil (but how she is drawn to him! Oh, she fears him and she fears to leave him).
    But mostly she is invisible - not through any conscious control, but clearly her body knows it should stay unseen as much as possible.

It is still the Meadow though; it must be, she has not moved, the world has moved around her. That ringing, it fills her head up and she does not - cannot - move. Her hooves are stuck to the ground, and with every chime she feels as though she is sinking into the earth. She would panic, but being with him has taught her that panic never leads to rescue, only to punishment. She doesn’t want to be punished (or maybe this is a punishment, for something she does not yet realise she has done); she wants to please him, always.
    Then she sees others, and that unrelenting gravity suddenly releases her.
    This is when panic starts to swell.

The bells stop and nothingness fills her ears, fills her head, fills her whole body with a dread so deep and so dark that she wonders what she did to deserve this. She is good, she does what she is told; she always does what she is told. Maybe he is getting bored of her, she must keep him entertained.

Then a voice, rumbling like the earth itself is moving; it speaks to her and she knows that this is not him. This is something else. The panic almost bursts out, but the others start to speak and she must keep it together. She isn’t the only child - there is one other - but she is the smallest, the weakest. She cannot let them see her as an easy target (because she doesn’t know what is to come and she is oh so afraid because at least with him the torture eventually ends she doesn’t know what this is she doesn’t know what to do), so she straightens herself up, wills her body to be visible - and it is, for a short time, then it blinks out, then in, then out - and speaks up; “I’m in.” 
    Although she isn’t, not completely.
    She wishes she were with him because at least she knows what to expect.
    ELVE
    [Image: n2oih3.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I haven't come to say I'm sorry; - by Rhonen - 01-14-2016, 02:34 AM
    RE: The tolling of the bells... ROUND I - by elve - 01-14-2016, 01:22 PM