• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show me your worst writing
    Dear lord.
    I have two posts I saved from the Beach when my two favorite ponies died. I was, let's see, 16 years old. I don't have any post from before that but trust me, they were bad. I definitely remember using the word ingress a lot.

A sharp pain rips up my side, reminding me how little time I have left to live. An unkown disease has been eating at me ever since last winter, slowly tearing me apart. I kept it quiet for so long, not wishing to believe I must leave that which I love. But I have finally made peace with the fact that my life is ending and I have little regret for it is my time. Spasms wrack my body as I make my way to Lonely Beach, my final resting place. My great raven black wings are loose at my side, disheveled and mussed. It has been long since I felt strong enough to preen and make them at their best. And now, it no longer matters. My blessing and curse with never fly again, feeling the cool breeze ruffling my feathers. There is no rain falling from the sky, no trumpets blasts to announce my death. No songs or flashing lightning to convey my final breath. As one thinks it should be. I was nothing special in the larger scheme of things, just one stallion living for his family. I never wanted part in anything else. The clouds are nearly gone, in this, the early evening. The setting sun has cast a soft glow over everything, making it difficult to distingush bodies from ground. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. And so I return. So many faces, and names to go with them flit through my mind. That first day when I wandered into Herdless and met Mirror Image, Forsaken and Abuse. All three agreed to join me and we made our home in Echo Trails. Oh how I loved that home, the tall pines and weeping willows. The saplings filled with promise and the bubbling brooks. I wanted nothing more than to wander its paths with one or more of my family. Forsaken and Mage left sometime soon after, during which time I invited others to live with us. Soon my herd was quite large, containing many. It was then that Damaa struck, threatening our family for mares and pleasure. The battle was long and though we were not injured severly and none were taken I could never feel the same about our beloved Echo Trails again. So I moved our herd to Golden Plains and it is there that I lived my last few years in peace and happiness. Many were born to me and my ladies and though I have not seen many of them in years I love them yet. My herd has dwindled in size, leaving me with Espejo, Deneige, Belatrixa, Icon, Tiny Dancer and Abuse. Abuse, my love. The first year after I met her we were caught in a snowstorm together, It was in the chill of winter that our love blossomed and I have never loved another like I loved her. Although we never were blessed with the girl she so wanted we had three fine boys, one of whom I adopted. I will always keep in my heart the way she felt at my side, so natural and calming. So much has been left out, but I keep it to myself for it is my right. In my final few minutes before death takes me I ponder over my long years of life. It has been good and for that I am thankful. Although I wished I could have stayed alive for those I care so deeply for I cannot. Icon and Espejo, each different but in a way the same. They both enjoyed me in solitude, uncertain of others but trusting of me. Tiny Dancer, for whom I fought a battle for. The scar remains for Dementor's hooves but I never regretted it and her daughters and mine were a joy. Deineige, who joined us so recently and her first daughter, not mine who died weeks ago. The snow maiden who could warm a frosty heart. And Belatrixa, whom I had little time to know, one of my few regrets. A final pain wracks my body and I fall to my side, breathing my last. Dark wings fan out beside my still grey form. The last thought flees from me.
    Abuse . . .

Adriel claimed allegience to the nuetral mythicals. His heritage blessed him with raven black wings, dark and comforting and his love shone bright. He died November 19th, 2003 leaving behind Abuse, Tiny Dancer, Icon, Deneige, Espejo, Belatrixa and their children. He goes on to rejoin his desceased parents, Strider and Fala.
    Namaah | Sparrow | Honybee | BEASTIE

Messages In This Thread
    show me your worst writing - by Cassi - 11-09-2015, 02:37 PM
    RE: show me your worst writing - by ~Sapphire~ - 11-09-2015, 02:46 PM
    RE: show me your worst writing - by Cassi - 11-09-2015, 02:51 PM
    RE: show me your worst writing - by Sarah - 11-09-2015, 08:36 PM
    RE: show me your worst writing - by Calli - 11-09-2015, 08:55 PM