• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

thick skin / elastic heart - any

my shadow tilts its head at me,

spirits in the dark are waiting.

It’s probably a good thing that her social skills are about the same as Rhonan’s. She doesn’t seem to mind too terribly at his lack of polite greeting. Hello is a very hard word to grasp, sometimes. He could just get to the point, and typically, that is exactly what he does. Though he’s tried his hand at recruiting, and he’s almost not terrible at it. Almost. It was distinctly easier with Ana than with anyone else, but of course, conversing with other shadows has always been easier for him as well. It’s that strange, innate understanding that seems to have come with his gift.

“Yea,” he says, so full of words. He’s trying to figure out if he should introduce himself again, or if that would just be insulting, but then she switches topics. Thank goodness. He lets the shadows melt away from him, rather pleased that his black coat looked real enough to look like his actual coat. “I cheat,” he admits, as the shadows fall away to reveal his unscathed gold and white coat.

But he hates being gold and white. It makes him feel like a pretty pretty princess, and so he gathers the shadows back onto him like his second skin, turning himself plain and boring black again. It suits him far more.

In truth, walking through the wall didn’t hurt him at all. He’s aware of pain as the shadows are singed, but it’s like a memory of it. He knows what it would feel like, but doesn’t actually feel it. “I suppose if I had bad intentions, it might be more than a slight burn. But I don’t, so…” He trails off, not really sure where he was going with that. He just doesn’t have intentions at all. Her lingers in the Valley, helped some, just refused to swear to a kingdom. Though maybe with Demian gone, the wall would go too. He sort of hoped so. He hid behind shadows, not fire.

rhonan.

eee, sorry for the wait. totally didn't see your reply.

Messages In This Thread
    thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 10-17-2015, 05:35 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Rhonan - 10-20-2015, 12:40 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 10-20-2015, 06:40 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Rhonan - 11-12-2015, 11:59 AM