• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; Zeik
    I'm looking for the sky to save me, 
    looking for a sign of life
    She is so, so tired.

For so long she’s been holding it together for Hael, trying to keep herself from crumbling for her dear sister-niece.

But she just can’t keep doing it.

She’s had enough.

She’d slipped away from Hael in the dead of night, away from their little home on the outskirts of Beqanna. She’d felt bad for doing it that way, for not saying goodbye in person, but Hael would have never let her come in a million years if she’d told her what she was doing.

It’s for the best though. She’ll be out of her misery, she won’t drag down Hael’s life any longer. Hael can move on, and move forward.

She stares out at the ocean, dark eyes dull and glazed over. Who would have thought it had come to this? She’d had such a promising start to life - a princess, with two loving parents, and whole bundle of sisters (and a brother!) that had loved her too.

Then her mother had been murdered. And it had all gone down from there.

She and Hael had moved to the Deserts and had eked out a simple little existence, finally learning to move on from their grief. She’d met Mikhael, fallen in love, gotten pregnant, had a beautiful little girl … then Mikhael’s devil mother had appeared. She can remember it as if it was yesterday, every detail set in stark relief in her memory. There’d been so much blood …

They’d fled the Deserts then, and had lived on the outskirts of the meadow. And then, one day, while Hael had gone off to do something, Cal had found her. The vile bastard.

She never had asked Hael what had happened to the boy she’d given birth to 11 months later. She thinks that Hael had found him a home. She hopes so, anyhow.

Poor Hael had tried her best to pick up Carys’ broken pieces, but there’s only so much you can do with someone so utterly shattered. At least Hael won’t have to deal with her any more.

She starts to walk forward into the water, deeper and deeper, her colourful wings tucked close into her sides. Soon, it will be all over.

Soon she’ll be at peace.
    carys
    html by maat

@[Zeik]

Note: I have permission from Cassi to post her here without killing her. Smile

Messages In This Thread
    I'm looking for the sky to save me; Zeik - by Carys - 09-20-2015, 09:25 PM