• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when i breathed - lagertha

and when i breathed

my breath was lightning

“Be careful what you wish for,” she says. Wanting to raid may not be as far in the future as they think, or would wish, because they aren’t that strong. Not that she’s heard of any plans against the Amazons, and she doesn’t think there are any. But she knows her cousin, and she can’t be pleased with the number of successful and attempted steals on the Chamber from the Amazons. Another nudge or two, and she wouldn’t put it past Straia to be the one starting the raid. Rhy knows very well what manner of creatures live in that kingdom, and she is even more familiar with its Queen. Not that Straia and Rhy have ever been close, as far as family goes, but the familial connection has come in handy at times. "If we poke the Chamber enough, they might just beat you to it."

She isn’t necessarily against a raid, but a raid just for the sake if it doesn’t seem like something they can do right now. Or necessarily should do. Is it worth the blood of the Sisters just to prove a point? She’d like to think they were more valuable than that. “We can remind Beqanna just who we are with steals, challenges, and active recruiting. They can’t ignore us if there’s a sister everywhere they turn.”

Lagertha switches to the topic of advisors, and Rhy considers before speaking.  “When I found those two, they were both in the meadow uncertain as to whether they should even come back here. Tantalize was very aware this was once her home. Prague just seemed old and confused, so I give her a little more leeway with that one.” She trusts Prague, though the magician is not around all the time. She doesn’t know what she thinks of Tantalize yet. The mare barely seemed to remember Rhy, even though the gold and white mare was the one to bring her home. It seems odd, really.

“If you choose them as your advisors, I would name them as such and save the position of Bloodrider for those who suit that position. The Bloodriders are sworn to the Jungle, not you, as I am and your advisors will be. As for advisors, you are free to choose who you like. I don’t think they are bad options for that role.”

And this is perhaps the number one reason why Rhy does not want to rule. She serves the Jungle loyally, but the crown is a burden she does not seek. Because everything is always more complicated with a crown weighing you down.

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

Messages In This Thread
    and when i breathed - lagertha - by Rhy - 09-11-2015, 08:35 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Lagertha - 09-11-2015, 02:29 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Rhy - 09-11-2015, 04:28 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Lagertha - 09-13-2015, 09:57 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Rhy - 09-14-2015, 10:48 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Lagertha - 09-16-2015, 10:58 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Rhy - 09-17-2015, 08:21 AM