• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when I breathed [any]

I am iron and I forge myself

Eager to do more than just stand around and chat, Lagertha falls in with the other two ladies and settles herself on the other side of Rhy. They follow a familiar trail (for her - for them), and despite her usual aversion to group, Lagertha actually finds herself relaxing and enjoying the company. All the Jungle noises blend into a beautiful cacophony that few actually find relaxing. Unless you live here, of course. Either way, she’s content to chime into the conversation every now and then with her own two cents. Until Joscelin asks how long they’ve been here.

Good lord, that’s a good question. It almost makes her pause to try and count the years.

Just how old is Lagertha? If it weren’t for the Jungle’s gift of immortality, she might not have made it this far. She might be a decrepit old crone by now, instead of the fierce woman of indefinite age that she is now. For a moment, she drops out of the conversation to think about the question, growing silent while she focuses on minding the path ahead (those roots and thorny branches were tricky sometimes), and tallying the numbers.

She finds that she can’t. And with that, she laughs out loud, a sort of “Ha! I don’t know. Somewhere between Forever and Not Long Enough. I was born right after the Valley War and came here when I was two. Quark was still Khaleesi then, though not for long... so for two reigns, and then some, it's that's the sort of answer you're looking for.” She turns her head to Rhy, inquiring because all the years seem to run together now. “Did you know Quark?” And then she directs a question back to Joscelin, finally getting to something meaty and good. “Where were you before the ‘Zons? And what brought you here?” For some it is in their blood, for others, it is a calling to be something different. She has forgotten about the promise Scorch and Tiphon made to each other, and that someone might not be here completely of their own free will.

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

Messages In This Thread
    and when I breathed [any] - by Rhy - 08-27-2015, 08:56 AM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Lagertha - 08-27-2015, 10:23 AM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Rhy - 09-01-2015, 11:11 AM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Lagertha - 09-05-2015, 05:23 PM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Rhy - 09-11-2015, 08:44 AM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Lagertha - 09-13-2015, 03:44 PM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Rhy - 09-14-2015, 08:26 PM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Lagertha - 09-16-2015, 12:18 PM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Rhy - 09-23-2015, 11:01 AM