• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Any
    Do you believe you're missin' out?
    That everything good is happening somewhere else?

While empathy may have been a rather appealing trait, it was not enough to motivate me. Governor I was for five good years, and though near the end I could not be accounted for, I am proud of my work. Had I not been present and loyal during Straia’s takeover, something tells me that the Chamber would not quite be what it is today. I am a small facet of it now, but back then, I was one of two people supporting the great queen we see now, commanding a vast herd of subjects.

Alas, as mighty as that vision may be, it is not one for me. I am growing old – salt sprinkles my sooty muzzle, though the rest of my coat still glimmers and shines. Ever since childhood I have known that I would not rule; Mother may have been a queen, but I am ever only a servant. And even when I am rewarded, it is within me to fail.

And yet, I have no regrets or shame.

As always, I spend my day languidly. The morning greets me warmly, and with a thought my body mimics the sunrise. The afternoon treats me with sweet grasses which no longer grow atop the re-growing pine trees, proof that nature will always trump magic. And as the stars crawl over the sky’s pelt, I find myself drawn into the light.

It’s been like this for days now.

I’m standing close to the tree, as close as I may without scalding my golden pelt. Well, naturally golden. While the flames cast dancing shadows, across my dusky pelt, silver wolves race. They are perfectly imagined, their teeth sharpened to a point, their eyes glinting in the light of the moon which floats calmly on the top left of my neck. Staring intently into the magic fire, a true wolf howls in the distance, and upon my coat, an illustrated one does, too.

KAVI
    Kagerou x Rhaego

Messages In This Thread
    Any - by Kavi - 08-23-2015, 06:38 PM
    RE: Any - by Engelsfors - 08-24-2015, 07:21 AM