• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is a kindness you can't afford; Demi
    Demi
    I allow my companion to take to the skies first.  The way he leaps into the atmosphere without gaining momentum is only mildly perplexing.  But then again, in my avian forms, I only needed to leap too.  For such a heavy form, as I have manifested now, I don't dare.  

While he gains altitude, I run along the earth below --awkwardly.  Talons functioned a bit differently than hooves and it takes a few strides to find a nice rhythm.  Once found, I look up to the skies and see he is in a good spot, so with wings spread wide I begin to lift off the earth.  My talons claw at the air as I turn left sharply.  

My rusty colored head tilts to view Ruhr's spiraling trick in the sky.  With ease I join him, the joy within me can't be contained and I shout internally, Watch this!  I climb to a bit higher elevation and perform a barrel roll, dropping sharply and twirling before plateauing at his side.

Find a good pace next to him, I watch the white capped waves forming on the ocean's surface below.  There weren't many formations I haven't flown over, but I had yet to experience flight with another of an equine species before.  I wonder briefly if the silence would be awkward...

I do not wonder long before he makes mention of me speaking.  With as much of a confused look as an avian could give, I look to him with question, You hear me?  My thoughts are simple and broken as they transmit.  So much thought was given to my speech that I forget to keep flapping my wings.  My elevation declines slightly before I realize my error and begin to thrust my feathered appendages again.
    Legends & Myths

@ Ruhr
    //Avian Shifting-Phoenix Type Immortality\\
    Her appearance will be noted 
    at the end of each reply.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is a kindness you can't afford; Demi - by Demi - 04-17-2024, 04:48 PM