• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't you hear me howling?
    Skywalker
    "I don't want my life to imitate art,
    I want my life to be art."
    -Carrie Fisher

Her laughter loses its nervous edge and turns to delight upon learning that Myrna’s abilities have been passed down from her parents, though there is a barely audible whisper of something else in her voice.

Honestly, she’s a little jealous of Myrna’s shifting ability. In fact, envy had been quietly creeping along the strings of her heart from the first moments she had begun meeting others in Beqanna. To her young eyes, they possessed supernatural beauty and were capable of such wonderous things. Though she loves her wings and the flight they give her, she can’t fully ignore the little twinges of desire for something more extraordinary to call her own.

Her head drops a few inches and her feathers seem to wilt just a bit when the lighter-colored mare speaks of Sky’s happiness. She can feel the warmth in Myrna’s tone and fingers of guilt scrabble at her chest once more. Had she really enjoyed her time away from the Gates? She sighs quietly.

“Well… I actually got lost to begin with! I don’t know if it was really all that fun or anything, but it was definitely something new. I guess I was looking for something, but I don’t really know what.”

And that’s the bare truth of it. She isn’t sure what she was chasing, all she knows is that she did not find it. She was (and still is) embarrassed to come back after such a long absence, but she finds great comfort in how gracious and forgiving Myrna is. A smile returns to her face as she shakes herself off, all the way to the tips of her wings. Had she been paying more attention, she might have noticed the few golden glimmers that mysteriously appeared at some point, nestled subtly among the other bright colors interspersed throughout her primary feathers.

“I’m glad you’re still here. It’s so nice to see a familiar face! Has anything happened lately? It seemed pretty quiet everywhere else I went…”

IMAGE BY otis4rt

@ Viszla

Messages In This Thread
    don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 03-16-2024, 04:19 PM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by skywalker - 03-22-2024, 10:33 AM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 03-23-2024, 01:33 PM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by skywalker - 03-24-2024, 07:45 PM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 03-30-2024, 11:04 AM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by skywalker - 04-14-2024, 11:42 AM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 05-03-2024, 10:11 PM