• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i do not want to move mountains

Lillibet

Lillibet aims for the shortest path to her wasteland home, through the four corners that connect Nerine, Hyaline, Taiga, and the sea. Of the three territories, Taiga is the easiest to identify as she navigates. Its massive redwoods guide her southeast. It’s her intention to journey straight home, but there’s something about the eerie oversized forest that causes her to linger as she begins to pass it by. Her glow illuminates the unnaturally wide trunks of Taiga’s silent sentinels, drawing her attention to them and to the haze that sits beyond the treeline. Curiosity piqued, the gold-striped woman slows her pace to a tentative halt as she considers her next move.

It doesn’t take her long to decide, and she’s soon weaving in and out of the massive trees at a leisurely walk toward Pangea, no matter how circumvential. Her hooves crunch against the shallow snow and the carpet of dried, brittle pine needles beneath the ivory blanket, bringing sound to the otherwise silent forest. In the distance, the haze that sits low to the forest floor is disturbed. It moves in waves, parting in large swirls until the vaguely familiar frame of a palomino mare. Lillibet pauses her wandering, acutely aware of the invisible border upon which she straddles, before nodding her glowing ivory head to the approaching woman.

As she nears, Lillibet realizes it’s the same palomino she’d come across in the field as she’d welcomed Lanore into Beqanna. “Hello again,” she greets with pricked ears, struck again with that same feeling of recognition. It rests in the back of her mind, unreachable, just beyond her grasp. Annoyance flares in Lillibet and her nostrils flare for a quick moment before a forced smile is thrust across her lips. “I never got your name before, in the field. I am Lillibet, and I feel like I should know you from somewhere..” Her golden eyes watch the palomino woman, falling silent to allow for introductions.

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 03-13-2022, 05:39 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Aela - 03-18-2022, 06:24 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 03-27-2022, 05:20 PM