• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we've got the time to take the world
    Beyza
    She’s grateful for Ryatah’s soft disbelief - it makes Beyza feel further away from the monster she had tried to be when she was younger. She is glad that her mother may be surprised to hear that she is capable of murder and so glad to not pick up any disgust or disappointment.

And yet, in a strange way, there is some part of her pride that is wounded at the suggestion that she may not have been an efficient killer. It had not occurred to Beyza that there was any change Gale could have survived or that her efforts could have been in vain. She does not have the energy to magically package that feeling away and store it where it cannot affect her and she can only hope that the natural blankness of her expression helps to hide the brief wave of uneasiness. With care, she does not focus on it enough to allow it to phase her - easily reminding herself that her mother hadn’t meant the question maliciously, but out of concern.

As is made obvious by how Ryatah had cut herself off and then affirmed that she was glad Beyza was okay.

The comforting nudge that Beyza gives the other white mare is at odds with the words she replies with. “If he comes back, I’ll kill him again.” She states this with a fierce simplicity - having absolute belief in her ability to do so. “He won’t hurt me.” Beyza didn’t believe anyone could, her concerns lay elsewhere. “Or you, or my daughters, or anyone again.”

She wants the resoluteness in her voice to radiate out - because although she appreciates the concern her mother is showing, she wishes it were possible for Ryatah to feel how very sure Beyza is that she is fine, and will always continue to be fine, because she does not know any alternative.

“I’m so glad you were home.”
    She finally says with the return of a smile, still feeling weak and weary but better with the comforting presence of Ryatah with her.

@Ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    we've got the time to take the world - by Beyza - 02-19-2022, 02:08 PM
    RE: we've got the time to take the world - by Beyza - 04-16-2022, 11:59 PM