• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Try to find meaning in hazy blurred out dreams
    ↼ORIASH⇁

they promised that dreams come true

Perhaps she should not have shown him his mother. It’s hard to know if that’s something that would be better or worse for them, though certainly she could have thought to ask. It’s hard to miss the way he reaches out for her, and her own heart breaks knowing what it’s like. As a child, her mothers plagued her. They followed her around, always at a distance, always out of reach. Long before she knew how to control her power to create worlds, she created her nightmares without meaning to. Having them so near and yet so far had been torture and comfort all at once. It had reminded her of all the things she would never truly have, and yet…and yet it was better than nothing at all.

He asks about her though, and as the world around them turns back into the meadow, Ori smiles at the question. ”She was new to Beqanna when I met her. Full of questions and curiosity and a hunger for more. And so beautiful, as I’m sure you know.” How could anyone forget a mare like Oceane? It had been so long, but Ori could not forget her. Could not forget that on some level, she would love to figure out how to be like Oceane, to be more, to be driven and curious and alive.

At his next question, she smiles a bit wider. This, this is something she knows. Painting, creating - these have been her outlets for so long now. If anything in her life defined her, it was this skill. “I’m an illusionist,” she says by way of explanation. The air around them is still, but she conjures a breeze anyway. In truth, there is no breeze at all, but she can play with the senses enough to make it feel like there’s wind against his skin. In this case, she doesn’t change the sight to go with it, so none of his hair will move, in order to illustrate the point. ”There’s lots I can do, but I’ve always preferred to paint. Describe something to me,” she says, an invitation to see whatever he wanted brought to life around him.

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too

@Link

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Try to find meaning in hazy blurred out dreams - by Oriash - 03-28-2022, 10:56 AM