• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i saw the stars and didnt ask why

He soars over the waters of the North. Nashua makes the same journey he has time and time again. He crosses the ocean towards Nerine, coasting over the granite and proud stony countenance of his brother’s land. He continues to fly, and tilts his auburn-colored wings up towards the sun. Nashua considers for a moment what it might be like to soar above the clouds, to fly so high that he loses track of where the sky begins and the earth ends. 

Will it make any difference when he lands? 

For what he is about to tell Noel? 

What will his world look like after he has told her that he has intentionally turned it upside down? 

Nashua continues to fly, heading towards the familiar horizon of Taiga. The trees below him stand as proud as they ever had, and even a few of the silvergreen that had been the result of Yanhua and Amarine break through through the deep emerald tree canopy. So much has changed over the years, and yet there are still traces of the past reaching towards the clouds. The thought of them makes his stomach lurch, because it makes him think of Noel and in his mind, Nash replays his most treasured moments of the life they have shared over the years. Daring the wild wind blowing off the ocean from Nerine. The moment he had found in her in Nerine with Elegance and Luminesce resting in the heather behind her. The triplets - Saffron, Bolder, Bravely - and the way that she had surprised him with their existence. 

The way that she had stood beside him in Hyaline, when he had been ready to risk the entirety of the North to bring their (then) youngest son home. 

His throat tightens when he finally lands in Taiga, not far from the border of Nerine, and Nashua calls out for Noel as he always has.

@Noel

[Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i saw the stars and didnt ask why - by Nashua - 01-17-2022, 09:00 PM
    RE: i saw the stars and didnt ask why - by Noel - 01-20-2022, 10:35 AM
    RE: i saw the stars and didnt ask why - by Nashua - 01-23-2022, 12:36 PM
    RE: i saw the stars and didnt ask why - by Noel - 02-03-2022, 10:24 AM
    RE: i saw the stars and didnt ask why - by Nashua - 02-09-2022, 10:40 AM
    RE: i saw the stars and didnt ask why - by Noel - 02-22-2022, 01:51 PM