• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  If your lost and you look you will find me; Any
    Leilan
    He smirks, then grimaces. He does mess with teenagers - a lot if he can. In general however, he does it with a hidden lesson behind it. Right now, it appears that the lesson must be that nothing is what it seems. To look past appearances.

He doesn't have to dive into Fyr's head to find the face to the meaning of mother, and if he is surprised to find Aela's (she doesn't seem the type to have a child, but the way Fyr is acting, maybe her kind of raising a child is indeed this) he doesn't show it. In fact, he is all the more certain that Fyr could use another kind of teaching - though to say Leilan's kind of teaching would be nicer would be a lie.

"Now now, Nashua," he outs in the low baritone voice he once inherited from his father, "I didn't raise you to be this inhospitable. Obviously, he should see more of Icicle Isle before he goes." His grin then alters, from more of a grumpy one to one with some kind of devilish delight.

He doesn't allow either of the younger males to react. Instead, the mage alters form, adding wings and claws to his body and a dragon's head spews ice towards the ceiling, of which the ice-prisms and snowflakes reflect the light in a way that creates the illusion of the Northern Light sky. Perhaps this act alone could have answered Fyr's questions about what exactly it is that the sky does better than him, or how Leilan has been there supposedly without wings, but he takes it further.

The portal appears suddenly and near-instantly below Fyr's feet and transports him to one of the peaks not that much farther to the north - Icicle Isle's highest, and probably coldest peak. The view is spectacular but he doubts that the boy would appreciate it: nevertheless, the mage changes back into equine form and steps through not long after, and leaves it open for the Freyr to follow if he wishes. When Fyr seems able to look past his own body, the scaled roan gestures with one hoof to the largest glacier they have, glistening down the mountain below. "That is a glacier. I think you'll need some practice if you were to try and melt a full ice river." He comments dryly. But he doesn't stop there. "The last who tried was a fire dragon shifter. There's more than one about, so be careful who you antagonize in the future. Most people are a tad more careful around kings and mages than you are. I suppose you have your mother's attitude." He cocks his head at the young male and smiles a little. "I'm rather sure she is capable of surviving an earthquake and a flood. It would take more than nature to bring Aela down. I could find her for you, if you ask nicely." He offers. It's not because he likes Fyr that much - or even Aela for that matter, though she is intriguing and definitely worth checking in on now or then to see what she was up to now. But to get rid of the ever-insulting teenager he could extend what some perceived as a kindness.
    told you I'd change
    even when I knew I never could

@Fyr @Nashua
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If your lost and you look you will find me; Any - by Leilan - 02-02-2022, 06:13 AM