• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when we are apart i feel it too
    The moon hangs low on the horizon, a thin crescent in a black sky, surrounded by stars too numerous to count. Malik is looking up at them, and tonight he wears a matching pair of eyes, the orange and blue of them swirled together to create a shade of olive only a little darker than those that Malik’s grandfather had once worn. Gale had shown him Wolfbane, and Malik had been entranced by the tales of the former Commandant, often asking his father for them.

Malik has been thinking quite a lot of his father of late, struggling to reconcile the life he remembers with the flood of memories that had returned following his encounter with Sickle. Though Gale has been gone from Hyaline for nearly a year, part of Malik’s plans for his quest included showing his father the powers he acquires and feeling - finally - like he is accepted. He’d once felt the same about his mother as well, but in this time without his father has begun to realize that she is honest when she tells him that she loves him as he is.

He counts the stars as he relives the memories.

By the time the eastern mountains have begun to separate from the sky with the first hint of dawn, the tears on his cheeks have finally begun to dry.

There is only one thing for him to do, he knows, only one individual who can put to rest his concerns. He finds her in the still-early morning light, have travelled across the deep winter snow as a fleet-footed hare, enjoying the thrill of adrenaline that the prey shape leaves in his veins as he regains his equine form in front of his mother.

“Why doesn’t Sickle live here with us?” He asks, his face solemn. Despite the apprehension in his chest, the words are not accusatory; he is only curious.

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 11-13-2021, 12:08 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 11-13-2021, 07:42 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 11-21-2021, 10:32 AM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 11-21-2021, 06:38 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 11-26-2021, 09:45 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 11-27-2021, 08:33 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 12-04-2021, 10:49 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 12-07-2021, 09:32 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 12-19-2021, 05:46 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 12-22-2021, 10:04 AM