• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Waste my time pushing daisies

And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love

Eyas did what she knew best: leaving Ehko and the others behind on Icicle Isle, flying away. Traveling through the winter tempests, back south but not back home. She didn’t think she’d ever go there again in her lifetime. When the day passed over into night she guided herself by the stars, soaring along the lion’s mane and floating past the bull’s thundering hooves. It was peaceful, cold. She thought about her final duty to a beloved daughter, hoping the girl would be alright on her own. Ehko knew what she had to do. She knew how to fly, a little. That was the best Eyas could provide for her now.

They both had unfinished business that needed attending.

Before long Islandres loomed ahead in the distance and for the first time in a very long time, Eyas reached for that dangerous thread of dark connection between herself and her once adored triplet, Gale.

It was true that he scared her. She - who’d faced down a dragon and made love to it, who’d let a magician toy with her spirit and body on more than one occasion - was terrified of what Gale would do when he sensed that old, familiar tug. All her life it’d felt like they’d been swinging opposite one another, held together by something indescribable and deep, twirling them both around and around. Now that felt severed. For all the effort of the universe at bringing him back, Eyas still believed her brother had died all those years ago.

She found him roaming, and landed downshore on the same old, unsteady legs that were overgrown by a winter coat. As always, Eyas looked unkempt and moody. She folded her wings, losing a feather or two in the process, and swallowed down the feeling of regret as she approached him.

“You were never quite comfortable in your own skin, Blue.” Eyas slowed to a stop. “But I still love to see you.” She admitted.

Grey clouds roll over the hills, bringing darkness from above

@Gale
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Waste my time pushing daisies - by Eyas - 09-12-2021, 01:28 PM
    RE: Waste my time pushing daisies - by Gale - 09-12-2021, 02:07 PM
    RE: Waste my time pushing daisies - by Eyas - 09-12-2021, 03:00 PM
    RE: Waste my time pushing daisies - by Gale - 09-12-2021, 09:08 PM
    RE: Waste my time pushing daisies - by Eyas - 09-20-2021, 02:14 PM
    RE: Waste my time pushing daisies - by Gale - 09-21-2021, 08:15 PM