• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  Everything that drowns me, makes me want to fly
    Leilan
    Magic is a source of power beyond imagination, but also of imagination. And he imagines a lot more subconsciously than consciously, it seems; even after a few years of accidents and practise. His mind goes where his body cannot. Touching this realm and that, a cold one, a dead one, and perhaps a living one or two, he couldn’t exactly pinpoint where she came from. Teleportation had been on his mind, but this is… reversed.

”Kensa,” he replies by way of a greeting, the tone between jovial, surprised, and accepting, of that little flaw in his own ice magic. She looks calm and collected, not unlike him; he thinks they also share most of their inner emotions - surprise, confusion and curiosity. What was it that brought her here, and, did it mean something else, too?

”This is Icicle Isle. Beqanna.” he states it with a wide berth of his head, indicating the cold plains and rocks in their vicinity. She might already have guessed, but perhaps she needs the assurance that this is not a realm of dreams or souls alone. Given time to process that he just pulled her here - instead of someone else - he not only draws the conclusion that the someone else is already in this realm, but starts to wonder how close he is to Kensa, then. That she so easily took her place might say something. Her ‘why’ is not easily answered; he isn’t quite so sure himself, and brushes it off, frolicsome. ”Why not?” Did she have a reason to hide? Did they all?
    something so wrong
    doing the right thing
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Everything that drowns me, makes me want to fly - by Leilan - 09-14-2021, 01:12 PM