• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  she keeps me alive; Ciri
    index: 15;top: 330px;width: 600px;text-align: center;font-size: 12px;letter-spacing: 2px;font-style: italic;color: #D3CFE0;}

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

She doesn’t feel the cold anymore. Even in the deepest snowiest parts of the Isle, the heat of her anger seems to protect her from the icy bite of the tundra. Every feeling seems to feed into the flame of her rage as it spreads like a wildfire, intensified by each shredded emotion and each flicker of thought. It doesn’t even stop for Lo, not even as she comes to realize certain emotions wrapped around her heart before they too become consumed by the flames. However her presence does soften some of the hard edges that had built around her since she had awoken in the blood-stained meadow. It makes her think of her argument with Nashua and feel the pinpricks of regret, makes her think of the Curse and still hope that Gale could be recovered. And then the tidal wave of rage crashes back over her and she has to glance away from the lovely white mare and her beautiful downy wings.

Ciri glances away from her statement of help before she actually takes her up on it. Before she becomes incredibly selfish and signs Lo’s death warrant in the process. It makes it worse that Lo remembers her friends, remembers the names of those that are important to her. Slowly the dark mare shakes her head and still the other refuses to leave. Ciri could threaten her, could scare her off, could be mean to her and drive her away for good. She could lie to herself by saying afterwards it was for the greater good, that she had spared Lo from things she was better off not knowing.

But she can’t.

Reluctantly, she looks back at Lo’s earnest pale gaze as she firmly states her intention to live on the Isle and knows that she can never be intentionally cruel to her, even if it saves her life. Surprise registers on her face as Lo tells her to shut the hell up and then for the first time in almost a year, she laughs. A true laugh, one not fueled by anger and hate. One that's not so cold and harsh. It startles her and there is confusion for a moment amongst the swirling silver before the rage comes rushing back in. “Am I suppose to answer you or should I still shut up?” She finally manages as she tries to sort through the conflicted feelings vying for her attention. Before Lo can answer her sarcastic question (as she’s certain Lo might takes her literally) she takes a step forward, fluttering her own feathers as the reddish aura from her stars glows around them. “Nashua and another healed me well enough. Come, I’ll show you the Isle.” She states and before the other can respond she breaks into a trot, beginning to lengthen her stride as she heads from the wreckage of the beach towards the infamous heart-shaped lake and it’s burning tree.

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Leokadia

Messages In This Thread
    she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-10-2021, 03:03 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-10-2021, 08:17 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-13-2021, 02:28 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-13-2021, 05:28 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-15-2021, 10:03 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-16-2021, 06:19 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-19-2021, 11:44 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-24-2021, 01:35 PM