• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could I be the only one still waiting
    sickle
    She cannot imagine that Malik is happy in Hyaline, not if their father is there with him, but she can’t bring herself to say this to her kind friend. And she does hope that he is, hopes that his days and nights are not filled with the same fear she had experienced in her short stay in the mountains. So she just says “Yeah, maybe he’s happy.” and tries to sound like she believes it.

Her already aching heart sinks into the depths at Asterope’s answer. Even though she knew it had to have been something like that - but she hoped that maybe they visited the nymph on the days when Sickle didn’t come. It is not comforting to know there are other fathers like her own in the world - but where her own scares her, this young filly feels only anger towards Asterope's for trapping her here, away from her sisters.

Were there other ponds like this one, scattered throughout the forest - each holding a sister? So close and yet far enough away there might as well be a continent between them?

Sickle shifts before the thoughts can fully form in her head, and before she can second guess herself again. She slips into the water as a small otter and when she resurfaces she’s a hippocampus, her long shimmering tail moving slightly in the water as she reaches out to embrace Asterope. A simple, small touch just wasn’t enough - and again the young girl thinks of how much comfort she had taken from touch in her life and assumes this must be the same for everyone.

Against teal skin, she quietly says “Maybe I can find them for you.” Even if she couldn’t bring Asterope to them, she could bring news back and forth. The idea settles itself into her mind and her resolve too - she’s going to come back here at least every month. No matter what happens.

She inhales a shaky breath and then pulls back enough to look at her friend - wearing a smile in her mismatched eyes she only mostly feels. “And... maybe we should try to be happy too, for when they wonder about us.”

@asterope

Messages In This Thread
    could I be the only one still waiting - by Sickle - 07-23-2021, 07:47 AM
    RE: could I be the only one still waiting - by Sickle - 09-12-2021, 12:50 PM