• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when it falls into place we go from if to when | djuna
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

An almost full moon illuminates the river bottom, providing clear light for the blue-eyed river otter who swims down from the heights of Hyaline. The feel of water through his thick fur is pleasant as he swam, but he is quick to shake it away when he emerges from the River. The almost-dawn air is cold, and it rattles the last of the autumn leaves and nips at the delicate skin of his now-equine face.

Having released all his shifting, Gale is only a horse now, one with piercing blue eyes that draw attention away even from his iridescent and jewel-toned hide. He is not quite handsome (not as handsome as he will be when the sun rises), but he is tall and muscular and looks every inch the Champion of Hyaline. 

Gale snorts, and burns away the last of the water with the fiery aura he had taken from Mazikeen. Warm now, he looks around.

Autumn is not the commonlands busiest time, and nor are the hours just before dawn. He is alone, save a few distant sleeping figures, and he marvels at their ignorance.

Alone, unprotected, easy targets.

Or perhaps powerful enough to feel confident sleeping with no guard, and so Gale leaves them all be, choosing instead to meander up the path along the water until he encounters something that finally makes him pause.

“I had horns like that once,” he tells the chestnut mare with a charming smile, “But they weren’t nearly so nice a color.”

@Djuna

Messages In This Thread
    when it falls into place we go from if to when | djuna - by Gale - 06-25-2021, 07:01 AM