• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sometimes i wish we could be strangers; Phae Pony

Does she want to die? What a question. “I don’t die.” It does not matter if she wants to live or not, she just does. Her body even puts itself back together without being asked, though she can focus the ability to spare herself the boredom of a slow recovery. It became a game long ago, seeing how far she could push against the boundary between life and death but she never crosses over. Ever. Morgayne just bounces off, repelled by that good night, and turned away from that last bright and beckoning light. She grows into an ever more gifted healer the more she plays this game. Practice makes perfect.

How can she explain what she actually wants is the thrill of surviving?

”I don’t die.” She repeats, deciding that is answer enough, as there is a hardness in his face that she recognizes, a sharp predatory shift. Has anyone ever wanted to kill her before? Interesting.

Morgayne does her little turn, shadows shifting over her pink back as Draco assists in the inspection. In spite of herself she freezes when he bids her to, and stands still as he presses his dark mouth against the overlooked cut. Pain flares out from the discovered wound and Morgayne draws a deep breath as warmth creeps across her skin in its wake. Twisting away from Draco she mends the gash but does not bother to put some distance between them. It does seem like a good opportunity to leave but Morgayne rarely develops feelings of fear or apprehension and sees no reason she ought to leave.

“Others too, though I find it easiest when I know someone well.” Facing him again, her small dark ears turned forward and gaze bright, scrutinizing. “If I were healing you, for instance, the work would  go much faster if I knew the exact shape of you already.”

sometimes i wish
    we could be strangers
    Morgayne

@draco

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sometimes i wish we could be strangers; Phae Pony - by Morgayne - 07-23-2021, 02:05 PM