• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  No matter how hard I try I can't escape these things inside [Any]
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    He had wandered that day he had been born newly Fae, had not returned immediately to the sprawling flowers and tall grasses of the Pampas. Something else had beckoned him, had inspired him to move his hooves towards the direction of the River instead. Night had fallen, dark shadows unfurled amongst trees and greenery, the sound of the rapids loud amongst the twilight sounds of crickets and evening-song. He hadn’t expected the small balls of light that had danced over the moonlit reflection of the water. Of one breaking off from the others and coming to hover close to him. Will o’ the wisps were faeries in their own right. Some thought them spirits, others as types of pixies. Whatever they truly were remained a truth known only to them. However, he as Fae, knew that they were connected in a way.

This one in particular seemed quite connected to him. A silvery whisper, a ghost of a voice, found its way into his mind. It spoke to him as if it knew him. ”My Prince” It greeted that first time. “My Light.” He greeted back, not knowing why he said what he said but only knowing that it felt right. The Will o’ the Wisp had been by his side since that very day. It had traveled back to the Pampas, lurking over the small streams and flickering amongst the tall blooms of the flowers.

Some small grains of kindness still remained inside the dark stallion’s cruel armor and it showed in his treatment of Light. Wisps tended to haunt bogs, rivers, and large bodies of water. It made do with the small streams provided in the Pampas but its Prince would not starve his new friend completely. So every now and then he treks back to the River where he had found Light and lingers near the water’s edge as the ghostly light sweeps over the foaming rapids and dances with the other hovering orbs, glowing brightly in the moonlight.

His red eyes glow dimly in the shadows, hints of glittering gold catching the sparkle of moonlight that glimmers down around them. Watching Light like a patient parent, waiting for him to tire so they could return back home. He isn’t expecting company but when it comes he says nothing, simply swivels a long pointed ear in their direction while his gaze remains on the cluster of Wisps in the distance.

obscene

Messages In This Thread
    No matter how hard I try I can't escape these things inside [Any] - by Obscene - 05-28-2021, 02:17 PM