• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  let it wash over me like a flood

It’s not often that Cassian has felt true fear in his life. The first had been when his twin had been ripped apart before his very eyes by some strange magic. He had, ever the fool, rushed into to try to help despite his spectacular lack of any true abilities. And he had been ripped apart too for his efforts. That was the first time he had discovered their mutual ability to come back from the dead. As children, but alive nevertheless.

The second time was when they had found him and torn him apart. He hadn’t really known he would come back again, but there he had been, hours or days later (hard to say for sure), a child in the carnage they had left behind.

It takes him a moment to realize what she is implying when she says she remembers what his heart had tasted like. Of all the strangest things, something Reave had said to him when he’d visited Nerine trying to find Beryl comes rushing to the fore of his memories. The odd comment he’d made about him being tasty. Suddenly it makes perfect sense.

He blinks at her, unable to stop the shiver that races down his spine. But Cassian, doing now as he had then, cannot help but make a joke of it, though his grin is a bit strained now. “I hope you enjoyed it.”

He’s not quite sure how she is standing before him as a woman rather than a monster. Nor is he entirely sure he wants to know. He also isn’t certain she wouldn’t suddenly change and try to eat him again. But he remembers quite clearly how well running had worked out for him last time. He’s not certain if it’s even possible to die with dignity, but he’d at least try this time if he had to.

When her warning comes however, his confusion is compounded rather than relieved. It seems odd that someone who had once killed him with such glee would now warn him instead. He stares at her for a moment, not quite sure how he is supposed to respond. Finally he asks, “Why would you warn me about her?”

Cassian

@[Nostromo]

Messages In This Thread
    let it wash over me like a flood - by Nostromo - 05-28-2021, 09:51 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-01-2021, 09:36 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-10-2021, 08:47 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-21-2021, 02:34 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 07-30-2021, 10:04 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 01-18-2022, 12:50 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 02-04-2022, 11:11 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 02-23-2022, 10:29 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 04-25-2022, 11:11 AM