• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Moths to flame // Torryn
    The darkness hangs like a veil over them his miasma of emotion is a nearly tangible aura that thickens as it twists into the core. The net of it shrouds her this close. Like a heavy blanket, the Sorrow weighs on her back, trying very hard to permeate the walls she's spent so long constructing. 

It's not her sadness, but it could be. Goodness knows there's plenty to be sad about. More than enough grief and regret to bury inside of until it swallowed you whole. Was this what he felt always? Or did it simply ride him like a cloak, hitching a ride on others wherever he went. It was a conundrum that made his next dire phrase more curious. "It's no good lying to me, anyway," she hums, smiling at a joke only she knew. 

When the Fear comes, it takes her by surprise. That creeping, tingling sensation that crawled up get neck, making her swing her head to look over her shoulder. Mouth set in a wary line, she throws an answering wave of outright Terror in answer. She was no fighter. Her best bet had always been to turn back potential aggressors with the only weapon she had: their emotions. 

No rustle in the dark reacts to her. No moan of fear or growls of anger. Slowly, her gaze returns to the dark-wrought stallion's form. The dull red glow of his eyes reflects eerily in the glassy blue of her own. "From? I'm sure I don't know. But I live in the Taiga now. And you?" Her breath whispers in the now minute space between them, the sense of danger singing in her veins. Was this what she had really been looking for when she left home today? 

@[Torryn]

Messages In This Thread
    Moths to flame // Torryn - by Amarine - 01-26-2021, 08:28 PM
    RE: Moths to flame // Torryn - by Torryn - 02-01-2021, 02:04 AM
    RE: Moths to flame // Torryn - by Amarine - 02-08-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: Moths to flame // Torryn - by Torryn - 02-23-2021, 01:24 AM
    RE: Moths to flame // Torryn - by Amarine - 02-28-2021, 09:43 PM
    RE: Moths to flame // Torryn - by Torryn - 03-21-2021, 05:21 PM
    RE: Moths to flame // Torryn - by Amarine - 03-23-2021, 11:59 AM
    RE: Moths to flame // Torryn - by Torryn - 04-01-2021, 01:43 AM