• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  bro, i'm straight up not having a good time

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

He may have known loyalty once, but he has never known family. Never known gentleness or sweetness. Never known love. He had come close (so goddamned close), might even have reached it if he hadn’t been so ruined for so long. But the gods have never been kind to him, and the fates less so. In the moment, when he had been offered such kindness for the first time in his life, he hadn’t known what to do with it.

He does not mistake this stallion’s intentions for kindness however. Practicality perhaps. Honor. The other pegasus still seems to be afflicted by that sort of foolish notion. Ashhal has been alone for so long that it feels odd to find a stranger who has no motive to see him healed yet offers help anyway.

Not so long ago - before he had lost his memories and had them returned - he would have rejected it without second thought. He had been an exceptionally bitter and jaded and angry man then. He still is, if we’re being honest. But something inside him had shifted in the wake of his latest failure. A piece of him he had once thought lost long ago awakening once more.

He remains silent for too long no doubt, his dark eyes distrustfully scrutinizing his companion with an intensity he hasn’t had in a very long time. When he finally does respond, it is as short and clipped as his silence was long. “Yeah.”

@[Tarian]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: bro, i'm straight up not having a good time - by Ashhal - 03-22-2021, 09:28 AM