• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm well acquainted with villains that live in my head, rosebay
    i think i'm better on my own but i get so lost in you
    She does not stray from Pangea often ever since the dark settled and the eclipse refused to leave the sky. Like the twins before, Thomas had once again gifted her another beautiful glass girl. Amathea was still small—porcelain and perfect, but fragile in a way she wanted to fiercely protect. The idea that she had brought her into a world far more dangerous than before was not a task she took lightly; this darkness was like none she had ever known. She left only because the unknown was beginning to weigh on her, pressing on her heavier than the darkness was. 

She needed to know what was out here, needed to know what kind of threats Pangea was facing.
    So after promising Thomas that she would be back soon—though time seemed to have little meaning now, the day impossible to tell from the night, the hours both dragging and flying in an indiscernible blur—she left.

Her plan, for now, was simply to explore the meadow. It was, for the most part, an easily navigated area, especially with infrared vision. The bodies of other horses stood out starkly against the coolness of the landscape, but despite this, she still finds herself feeling uneasy.

She isn't sure if she can see supernatural creatures; isn't sure if whatever had spawned from the afterlife would have a heat signature at all. She feels exposed despite the cover of nightfall, and finds herself being drawn more to the outskirts.

From the corner of her eye, there is a small stand of trees, and among the cool colors of their trunks, there is something that flickers warm. She tilts her head, watching the young girl watching the rest of them. There is something that tempts her toward her, an unmistakable pull, and Desire does not deny it. 

“Hello,” she greets her as she approaches, a smile on her lips out of habit even though she doesn’t expect her to see it. “You’re not afraid to be in the dark alone?” It is a question but spoken more like a statement. The other girl is not afraid, and she has taken notice of that.

She wonders what weapons against the dark she must have.

i think i'm better on my own but i'm so obsessed with you
    desire

Messages In This Thread
    I'm well acquainted with villains that live in my head, rosebay - by Desire - 01-12-2021, 03:41 AM