• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  your string of lights is still bright to me
    Gale
    it's hard to keep a straight face when i just want to smile --
    starlight crashing through the room, we'll lose our feathers

Though he desperately wants to tell Tiercel that Eyas hadn’t meant what she’d said, he cannot bring himself to lie to his brother. Their sister might very well try, and while Gale is certain he could stop anything from escalating, he is equally certain that he does not want to.

So instead he avoids them both, and decides instead to seek out Isilya, and seek the aid of the queen in finding a solution to this darkness.

He leaves Erne behind, uncertain but hopeful that his newly discovered skill will translate to Erne’s night vision increasing as well. As he flies, he practices, looking first one way, then another. By the time he lands four heavy hooves on the damp earth of Tephra, he’s manipulated his vision enough that he is able to see as nearly as clearly as if it were day. With this clear vision, he realizes that he is most decidedly not in Tephra.

Instead, he is in the Meadow (or perhaps the Field), and to the far north the Mountain makes a dark shape in the sky. Gale huffs an irritated breath, knowing he’d been blown off course by wind. Usually correcting such a flight error is a minor thing, but he had not bothered to look down as he’d flown, and instead has landed far from his true destination. His throat is dry, so Gale moves toward the smell of distant water, doing his best to keep clear of the few horses he sees in the distance, and ever-watchful for another of the eerie creatures that he’d seen before.

@[anyone]

Messages In This Thread
    your string of lights is still bright to me - by Gale - 01-06-2021, 10:39 PM